Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: "44100" is the magic number!!! (automix points from v7 to v8) >>>>>> SCRIPT PLEASE !!!!!!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The V8 installer ignores the V7 automix points and creates its own "points of interest" for the POI editor (which is pants if you rely on automix!!!)
I have worked out that 44100 is the "rough" number needed to divide the v7 automix points so that they are correct in v8.
This number is worked out by dividing the SongLength from V7 by the SongLength (in seconds) in V8. I'm guessing that 44100 is the sample rate???
By dividing the V7 automix numbers by 44100 it gives us the correct automix "poi" points in V8.
Would someone at atomix create a script so that we can have our carefully created automix points back please??????????
also... by looking at the V7 database it is easy to work out what kind of automix has been forced (for the smart automix) - so please, when creating the script, please delete the other "points of interest" that are not required ("not allowed" in v7 bpm automix editor creates an automix type in the database).
It is important that we have a script as, no doubt, some of us have been using V8 for a while and have been creating our virtual folders and colour coding our songs. If the fix is only applied to the installer that will leave the existing v8 users in the same predicament.

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 5:25 am
Is this something that would have to be a "one to one" fix? I'm guessing that some kind of separate database would have to be created to compare the entries from both V7 and V8. Also... not all V8 users would want their current settings overridden from their original V7 database files. I know that I would like my original start and stop poi's written into my V8 database (and all of the superfluous V8 poi's removed depending on the type of automix from V7). Is this a special fix where we would have to upload our V7 and V8 database files to atomix for them to apply the fix. I really don't want to have to re-edit over 6000 entries, it could take me months!!!

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 4:27 am
Lol... They went from number of samples to number of seconds. How funny

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 8:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)