Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Help needed setting up a mic for broadcasting in VDJ 8.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

I am having trouble setting up a usb mic to use on broadcasting on an internet radio, I am using a pc with vdj 8, also I am using a stereo to mono splitter from jack output on laptop for Speakers and headphone cue, then DJing straight of the laptop, I have broadcast once before like this, without using the mic and all was good.

When I try to connect and use the mic, after I have clicked apply in the configurations I lose all sound from the output jack on the laptop, even though windows shows sound on the speaker volume mixer. When I disconnect the mic, vdj freezes and I have to restart the programme.

Obviously, I have no idea what I am doing with regards to this mic set-up and how it should be done, so if anyone is able to put me out of my misery and show me the correct way to configure the mic input so I can broadcast using my usb mic connected straight to my laptop during my internet radio slot, I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Dan.

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 8:05 am
Hey,
If you're on Windows, try to see if your mic has a dedicated ASIO driver, if it doesn't, try to have it working using ASIO4ALL

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 8:15 am
Hey,

Thanks for your quick reply, how would I go about finding this info? I can't see the mic when I look in "computer".

When I connected the usb mic, it installed all the drivers, or so it seemed.

I fear I may need walking through this.

Thanks again.

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 8:39 am
What does the mic manual say? What does it say on the box?

It would help if you told us which mic it is, then perhaps we could try and find out online (an option for you too).

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 9:25 am
Hey guys,

I've sorted it now, turns out the problem was I had the sounddcard configuartion set to "2-c-media device" instead of "realtek high definition audio", and the mic "on'' button was hidden under the master tab on the interface.

Got a bit of delay on the master out but I guess that is going to happen?

Thanks for you comments and help.

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 10:03 am
Yeah, delay (latency) is inevitable with built in audio interfaces. They're just for domestic/consumer use.

You should be able to get it down to an acceptable amount by using a pro ASIO compatible interface (no need for the splitter either if you buy one with multiple outs).

There's probably a little bit of delay coming from the mic itself as well, due to it having to convert from analogue to digital.

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 10:10 am
Do you think it would be better to abandon the usb mic, and get a decent interface with a normal mic?

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 6:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)