Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Database: Duplicates & Metadata

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I have some problems on certain songs (approx. 5% of my whole database). I use Mixed in Key to determine keys, and store them into the "Genre" tag so I can easily compare the MiK detected key from the VDJ one when browsing inside VDJ. I would then use "Tag Info" to override the key into the Key tag.
But sometimes, upon closing and restarting VDJ, I see that my tag is not updated, it's still on the bad key (i.e. the VDJ-detected one, no offense :P)

I looked a bit into my XML file and I can see that there are SEVERAL db entries for the same song (same location and same filesize!!)
Usually one entry has the good key attribute and the other one has the bad key. So I just update the bad entry and it works...
I have not yet tried deleting one entry or the other.

But I'd like to see a nice, neat, clean database with only one entry per file, or an option in VDJ to selectively remove duplicates from the DB!
Again, location and filesize are identical on duplicates.

EDIT: It seems that after manually setting the right key into the bad DB entry and relaunching VDJ, it automatically detects a duplicate and deletes one entry. But I still don't know why those duplicates appear in the first place, when my songs are unique.
It's kinda annoying to set metadata and see them saved into an entry when VDJ reads from the other entry...

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 7:04 am
i wonder if this is related to some folks not being able to update tags.

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 8:18 am
I bet it is, on duplicates it seems to be writing to entry A but reading from entry B :P

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 8:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)