Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: I'm Frustrated about Pitchbend issue!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i1111PRO InfinityMember since 2009
This is my second posting on this issue. Please help me figure out if this problem can be solved with settings, or if the problem is with the current state of Virtual DJ 8?

My issue is easy to understand; I am not able to get a true pitchbend sound, either with the controller jogwheel or by clicking on the skins' +/- pitchbend buttons!

When I try to pitchbend, either forwards or backwards, the resulting sound is kept in key, and does not sound as though it becomes pitched higer(like chipmunk) or pitched lower (deep voice).

What is going on? How do I get it to sound like a real pitchbend? There was no problem in Virtual DJ 7.

YES, MASTER TEMPO AND OR KEY LOCK ARE OFF!

This is really hurting me at the moment. The sound of slowing down or speeding up a track with my hand using the jogwheel is a key element to my sound. Please help me. I can't use Virtual DJ 8 at live gigs or for recording until this issue is resolved.

Thank you for your time! I appreciate you!
DJ, 1 1 1 1ElevenEleven

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 9:32 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Hmmm, so your mappings for pitch bend are
pitch_bend +2% 500ms
pitch_bend -2% 500ms

but try this

pitch_bend +2% 500ms & key_smooth +0.168 while_pressed
pitch_bend -2% 500ms & key_smooth -0.178 while_pressed

The above isn't perfect but it might do. In trying this I've noticed key changing stuff doesn't work the repeat script (I tried, repeat 500ms & key_smooth +1 while_pressed but it didn't increment the key every 1/2 second)

Maybe a case for a key_bend script? I don't know.

I am glad I tried helping with this one because I've stumbled on to an automatic rising pitch method with down? and it sounds great with breakcore (a bit demented but that's par for the course)

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 8:19 am
i1111PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I REALLY THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND ADVICE!

HOWEVER NOBODY HAS ADDRESSED THIS PITCHING ISSUE FOR WHAT IT IS!

DOES NOBODY MIND NOT HAVING A TRUE PITCHBEND?

IS ANYONE HAVING THIS SAME ISSUE OR IS IT JUST ME AND MY SOFTWARE AND MY COMPUTER/SETUP?

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 9:32 pm
No it just not u we are all having the same issue specially with timecode vinyl.go to the timecode forum that where the complain is about the pitch being delay.

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 5:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)