Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 - your thoughts...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have had a few problems with BPM's, cues etc... I have been quick to blame the software but I have a thought and wondered if anyone could confirm or deny.

I have all my tracks BPM'd cued and I believe they were bpm'd & cued with VDJ7.

I was thinking of removing the BPM's and cues manually (batch) and then having VDJ8 redo them... I am thinking that this MAY solve my problems.

Any thoughts?

Scott

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 10:46 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Two things... Backup your settings.xml and database.xml both drive c and other media drives (in the virtual dj folder. Then, temp rename the vdj 7 database or it will just reimport. Uninstalling 8 and a fresh install from latest public is also a good idea.

Launch 8 and do a rescan and set your favorite folders if need be. Since May, 8 has gone through many changes and a clean slate might be a wise move.

Made things better for many - esp the mac users.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 11:05 am
Great idea. I will delete and reinstall the program.

I don't have 7.4 on my computer and I understand that I will have to rescan all of the tracks.

Any ideas on manually removing the BPM's that are in the tags and then letting VDJ8 rescan the BPM's?

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 11:35 am
just use something like MP3tag to batch remove all the VDJ info from the tags.

Keith

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 11:59 am
I would just have it rescan (after u backup). It will correctly apply gain and tag info. Again, start from fresh.

When 7.4 started acting stupid (gravel sound during MT), a fresh install and clean registry made all the difference. (PC)

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 12:07 pm
Right now, I have all tracks gained properly. I know VDJ properly reads these values and applies proper gain.

How does it work with the BPM's? Are they stored in the tag or in the software?

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 12:24 pm
database.xml

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 12:43 pm
Yes, this ABSOLUTELY works...

I erased my BPM's tags, erased (renamed) my VDJ database file, deleted VDJ and reloaded the software. Set my folder as favorite and there is no tag info except track title and artists. Let VDJ8 rescan the file and BPM and Cue to first beat works PERFECTLY! I still have to MANUALLY set the first beat in the beat grid by pressing the TAP button one time but I can handle that.

It's lots of work to recreate my database but that seems to be the only thing that works for me.

I will keep you posted how it goes.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 1:25 pm
This is making a HUGE difference. Everything works now.

Something in the BPM or cue tag was preventing VDJ8 from properly BPM'ing and/or cueing properly. Removed them and it is working incredibly!

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 6:54 am
:) as a bonus, your key will be closer to correct for kroke tracks. I remember you on the visio boards.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:20 am
I would only do this if I was going to use v8 100% of the time. It's still beta as far as I am concerned and I don't want to screw up something that might impact on v7.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:36 am
Yes, but I would not advocate messing w the media itself. They both use their respective xml file. And only touch the media if you tell it to.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:51 am
I had nothing to do lose. It just wasn't working for me very well. I have a backup machine that I could restore from so I gave it a shot.

Working VERY well now. Beatgrid is better and the tracks are BPM'ing very nicely.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 11:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)