Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sync

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have alot of trouble keeping 2 tracks in sync using VDJ8. They seem to drift constantly. With VDJ7.4.1 once I had it in sync it stayed solid

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 6:20 am
jbezz wrote :
I have alot of trouble keeping 2 tracks in sync using VDJ8. They seem to drift constantly. With VDJ7.4.1 once I had it in sync it stayed solid

Mine sync just fine, not that I ever really use the feature.... try setting your pitch quality to 2

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 6:59 am
I didn't mean using the sync button.. I manually sync two tracks and with VDJ7.4.1 they would stay in sync. I noticed that I have to constantly pitch bend to keep them in with VDJ8. Maybe its just me LOL

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 7:32 am
I have pitch quality at 2 already.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 7:33 am
Maybe instead of saying "it works fine for me", offer some assistance.

It doesn't HELP hearing that "it works fine for me".

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 8:15 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
hmmmm, I'd suggest that the tracks aren't sync'd, Just curious how do you determine that they are sync'd? and what happens if you sync using the button?

I'm guessing you're visually matching the bpm numbers which isn't entirely accurate 130.00 bpm can equal anything between 129.995 to 130.004 whilst that isn't much, it isn't sync'd.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 9:49 am
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Two possibilities i can think of: The bpms are wrong (there were some issues with earlier versions of VDJ 8 and bpm reading) or they have variable bpms if you don't mean the same songs that you have tested in VDJ 7

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 12:06 pm
jbezz, are you using a controller?

Some people have reported speed fluctuations when using motorized platters for example.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 12:09 pm
djmagicmoments wrote :
Maybe instead of saying "it works fine for me", offer some assistance.

It doesn't HELP hearing that "it works fine for me".

I did, I suggested he change his pitch quality to 2

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 9:18 pm
hello can anyone tell how to disable the sync on virtualdj 8 i'm using a Denon MC6000MK2 controller I prefer not to use this feature

Thank you
Roberto

Posted Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 12:48 pm
clean the action in the mapping

Posted Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 12:54 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Search options AutoBPM set this to no.

Posted Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 12:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)