Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Error in tag editor in comment field

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

If only type 2 charactes it accepts only 1 character in the comment field.
For example: Type "ab" it writes only "a" in the comment tag field in the file after klicking the button write tags.
Type "abc" and it writes "abc" in the tags field.

Stefan

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 8:05 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Confirmed here too.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 3:04 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Not sure if this applies to the OP, but I have songs that Mixed in Key has scanned. VDJ 8 2031.862 is reporting that key as 1 digit (either a 1 or a 2). But iTunes and MP3 Tag show the key is written correctly (like "01A") to the comment field. This screen shot shows a list of over 800 songs like this.

When I go into Tag Editor (in VDJ) it even shows like the Tag is written as a "1" and for example not "01A". It did not round the key to a 1, but when I looked into it, it seems to have gotten that data from the "SUBTITLE" tag field.

I also noticed that sometimes I had a Year in the Comments field, which I know was never typed in there.

When I checked this out, I can see VDJ for sure got it's information from that same "SUBTITLE" field

You can see in this song, the Comment is correct at "10B", but if you look back at my second image you can see VDJ is saying the Comment field contains "2014-01-01". So there appears to be a problem where VDJ is using the "SUBTITLE" field and not the "Comment" field.

Posted Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 6:33 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Is it possible to share this mp4 file with me so I can have a look at it?

Posted Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 7:01 am
More scans of flaws, confirm that is exactly what is happening. I have about 5900 MP4 video files, but VDJ was using the Subtitle filed for 1139 of them.

Not sure why 1139, but all I can think of is all the rest of my files that report the correct key have the Subtitle field empty.

As a test I erased the data from the Subtitle field (outside of VDJ) of a few songs, to see if VDJ would start to report the key in the Comment field. So I tried a Batch Reload Tags, but Reload Tags does not seem to be working. I see no action or status saying the Reload did anything and none of the data is updated in the browser.

Posted Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 7:02 am
Adion wrote :
Is it possible to share this mp4 file with me so I can have a look at it?

Sent you a PM

I did finally get the test cases where I erased the Subtitle field to reload and the key from the Comment field comes right up. So the Subtitle field takes priority over the Comments field, for the Comments column in the VDJ8 browser for some reason.

None of the Subtitle data is need for me, so I just intend to erase the data and reload the tags.

Posted Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 7:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)