Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: 4 crashes in less than 45 minutes - Tag editor

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I Had 4 crashes tonight. All of them when editing using the Tag editor.
It is a very awful crash, VDJ will make a loud hanging sound, the application hangs for around 20 seconds, closes and opens again.
This is very annoying as I use the Tag editor frequently to set the genre etc. correctly.

Build: 1932.784 on Win 7 Enterprise.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 7:02 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
More details please, give a step by step method of how to cause the crash.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 7:53 pm
Step by Step

1. Play some tunes.
2. Edit a tune.
3. Click on Cover art, search for a Picture and change the Picture via Grooveshark, ITunes, Google or from your own.
4. Click on Write tag
5. Click on OK.
6. If you are lucky it might crash.
7. If it does not crash just go one playing tunes while you go on editing other tracks and wait for it to happen.

I had 4 of them in a 45 minute session.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 9:50 pm
Have you tried doing the editing when you're not playing tracks?

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 4:12 pm
that should not matter Loco as it works normally.I been loading tons of covers and adding bpm's at the same time adding hot cues while track's playing,no crash though....

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 4:21 pm
That is an option to do the editing while not playing tracks, but then there is no fun!

When ripping the music from the CD you don't get always the correct genre, etc. especially for Latin music where they would call everything Latin or label a track as Merengue while it is Salsa, etc. etc.
So I listen to the tracks and then I change them accordingly with the correct genre Bachata, Reggaeton, Salsa, Merengue, Zouk, Timba, Changüí, Son, Cubaton, etc. and change the cover with a more suitable if possible.

Yesterday I had zero crash, but that was because I did not dare to touch the Tag Editor during the Live show.

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)