Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Is it Safe

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For the last two weeks i have been using Serato dj as a backup because VDJ two weeks at two gigs crashed every 2 hours. So like the title says is it safe ?

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 5:29 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Well they removed the small lose parts so it's no longer a choking hazard, although from my testing VDJing while driving is a still bit precarious.
(this has been a stupid answer to a stupid question service)
Test it yourself because we have no idea what your issues are.

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 8:55 pm
locodog wrote :
Well they removed the small lose parts so it's no longer a choking hazard, although from my testing VDJing while driving is a still bit precarious.
(this has been a stupid answer to a stupid question service)
Test it yourself because we have no idea what your issues are.

My only issue is it crashes after 2 hours nothing else. Everything else is perfect

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 6:48 am
So have a 2 and a 1/2 hour practice, test if for yourself, if it isn't right get involved with fault finding.

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 7:01 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Sarcasm aside, only you will be able to determine if VDJ8 is stable enough for your daily use. Recently I've been starting all of my club nights with V8, however had to pull the ripcord a few times (fall back to a CD), and then switch to V7 for various reasons. (Mainly a audio gain issue recently.)

The software has been stable since it's first release (I've NEVER had it crash on me), however I also use about 10% of what the software does. I have it configured for 4 channels, I use a Denon MC6000MK2 controller, I don't use any of the extras (POI editor), video, etc.

I'm a club DJ which plays music and it does that for me solidly. Yes, there's some minor annoyances, however that's exactly what they are... Minor annoyances.

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 10:38 am
We have the same software. I can tell you for a fact, that there is not a 2 hour timer installed, that tells the software to crash. Most people do not want to hear this, but there is something on your setup, that happens during a two hour period, that VDJ doesn't like. You will have to find this conflict, because I use this software 8 hours a day, 3 days a week, doing video, and I don't have any crashes. So, yes it is safe.

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 4:50 pm
I've found java and adobe update notifications can really FSU.

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 5:54 pm
Is this post a bug report? All the others get moved.

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 8:40 pm
It could develop into a bug report or it could be a happy ending, let's have just a touch of romance.

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 9:01 pm
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have had issues with my TM4. Audio just drops out completely! So for that on MY system it is not safe! This happened to me at peak time in a club on Saturday. My fault partly, since I knew about the bug but thought I had found a workaround without properly testing.

I used it with my 4MX flawlessly. So with that I think it is safe.

Now I have bought an NS7ii but have not had time to properly test it. I have found a few problems which are already reported on the forum.

So the answer is - no it is not safe. You are taking a risk by using version 8 - even VDJ has mentioned this on the download page. You need to test it on YOUR system thoroughly before using it at a performance.

Of course with any software or hardware for that matter nothing is 100% guaranteed. I have seen CDJ 2000's stop working in the middle of a gig. So it is up to you to test it on YOUR system to see that it works fine for the things you want to do.

I know this is annoying - Serato for instance does not have this problem. However, Serato will force you to buy only hardware that is built for use with Serato. If VDJ could do that then you can probably get the same guarantee! That being said, I am a little concerned at the nature of some of the problems encountered. I think if this was programmed properly you should not have catastrophic failures. However, I tried Serato for a bit and HATED IT. So I am willing to live with these problems.

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 7:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)