Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Karaoke files are BLANK (MP3+CDG ZIP FILE)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I installed vdj 8 for for the first time last Aug.16 and when I get a chance, I fiddle with it at home.

Tonight I tried some of the KARAOKE that is well known to work with v7 (no problem, checked it again), and I get a BLANK SCREEN.

Is there an option that I missed somewhere ? Before I could not see any ZIP files until I saw a setting under browser "ShowKaraoke" and I set it to YES and wala, I see my ZIP files and it plays the AUDIO but no WORDS :(

Is there another option to SHOW the words/lyrics/graphics/cdg setting somewhere ?

TIA for pointing me the solution.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 11:44 pm
I have notice that the ZIP FILES that is not working does not SHOW when browsing using VDJ. I haved been Drag and Drop from Win-Explorer to VDJ 8 (latest Beta).
Any ZIP files that SHOWs in VDJ Browser works, so the questions is What's wrong with the ones not SHOWING.

If you need file sample to see/test, I'll will send 1 that works and 1 that don't work to compare the difference. Keep in mind that these FILES worked in V7.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 12:03 am
Another update.

If those ZIP files that don't work are UNZIP (leaving it as just mp3 and cdg files) using VDJ browser, this files now works and Drag and DROP the MP3 file from Win-Explorer also works.

I re-zip the files and AGAIN NO WORK (Tried WINZIP using the legacy 2.0 and KJ File Manager from Lathshaw). KJ File Manager are used also to the others that works.

I don't want to UNZIP all my Karaoke collection.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 12:21 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you could provide one that doesn't play that would indeed help, thanks.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 3:36 am
Hi Adion.

I did some more testing and here is a WIERD one.

The ZIP/Karaoke that works from either VDJ Browser or Win-Explorer (Drag & Drop), I copied that exact file to a different location (ROOT or another sub-folder etc...)
and when you DRAG & Drop from Win-Explorer no longer shows the Lyrics/Words/CDG and VDJ can't browse the file.

Could anyone try this, copy a working ZIP karaoke file to a diff location on the drive to see if it still works ?

I will try a diff PC to test.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 9:33 am
UPDATE UPDATE and good news......

I deleted the \VirtualDJ\Database.XML and all files that did not work NOW WORKS.

the Database must have been fook for some reason. This is just my TEST PC. I don't care about my database but I do care about it when it will be my GIG PC. I don't want to delete the database that have been imported from V7. It will be a lot of work AGAIN to set cues points etc.......... but I will do the HARD WORK if it comes to it.

Anyway, I'll keep testing.

(Read a lot of DATABASE PROBLEMS in the PAST, maybe the problem still exist)

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 9:45 am
Another TEST..

This is thru Win-Explorer (cause you can't rename a file inside a ZIP file from VDJ)
Take a working ZIP FILE
Rename it
Open the ZIP file and rename the MP3 and cdg to the same filename used to rename the ZIP File
Try it and also copy that file to a diff folder
test it and see it won't work.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 12:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)