Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 (with MacBook Pro and NS7II) - songs changes BPM and Key by itself

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Songs are changing (pitching and changing key) during play (happens on all 4 decks, regardless if another song is loaded on the other deck or not)
It only happens in VDJ8. In VDJ 7 and even Serato it runs as it should.

And this is happening without my interference with the software or controller.
This seems to be a Mac related since I have tested the same controller with a PC and this never occurs there.

I also noticed that in the VDJ8's audio settings, the Numark NS7 II driver doesn't show up in the audio settings windows, were the sound cards are shown. However I can choose the NS7II sound card manually.

I was told by VirtualDJ staff to turn off 1) autokey and autoBPMMatch set to no, the problem still remains.
It must be something else, any ideas?

Cause, I can't go "live" having songs changing key and speed by themselves in the middle of a gig :(

Best regards and hoping anyone has a suggestion on what to do
DJ Apollon

Gears/Software:
Macbook Pro 2,2 MHZ, 16MB RAM, 256 Flashdrive (NEW), Numark NS7II (NEW)
Software: Virtual DJ 8 for Mac, version 1910.768
Drivers: Numark driver for NS7 II: 3.2.0, firmware 1.0

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 7:49 am
Hey Notice no one has responded to you post did you get your problem fixed. I have the ns7II also and I am also using a Macbook pro. What are your audio settings?

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 9:01 am
TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have an NS7, and I experienced a similar thing a few weeks ago. I had about 3 glitches.

1) I was playing automix during dinner on deck b. I started the grand entrance song on deck A. Turned off automix, loaded up the first dance song, hit play, it was playing veeeeeeerrrrrrryyyy sssssssllllloooowwww. Loaded the song onto deck A, played fine, next track was fine.

2) Went back to automix, and 1/2 way through a song, it switched to the next song.

3) At some point in the night, one of the songs just stopped playing, and I had to start it again.

I've set it up in my office, and played it all day and couldn't reproduce it.

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 9:05 pm
I have been having problems also. Had it in my office running auto mix on one deck loop on another and sample playing on another deck and and forth deck looping. let it go over night and it still worked fine. Went out to do a gig and back to having problems. About part way through the night went to play deck 1 and its like the start time is set to slow start up. Tweaked the start time dial and then its fine. That happened to many times to count. Also had some weird loop thing happening where I would press a 4 beat loop but i would go into what sounded like a 1/16 th loop but would not turn off . Had to reload a different track and then reload the track. My system is mac os 10.9.5 i5 processor 8 gigs of ram solid state drive and separate hard drive for music. My next plan is to disable using itunes playlist. I have learned that this causes issues with virtual memory in serato.

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 7:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)