Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Playlist Song Removal

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
When creating a playlist you cannot remove a song. Remove is an option but removing it only works while on list. As soon as you click a new list or folder the song comes back.

Also, would it be possible to ask if you want to add a duplicate file? Like when you add a song that is already in that playlist have VDJ prompt you about adding it..

Posted Sun 17 Aug 14 @ 4:30 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm dealing with this too. Annoying. You can add songs to a playlist, but you can't resave the playlist after you have removed songs.

Posted Sun 05 Oct 14 @ 11:19 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Sure you can. Just save the playlist with the same name. VDJ will ask if it should override the existing list. Click on "yes".

@Devs, a suggestion for improvment:

If the playlist already exists, auto fill the textbox for playlist name with the current playlist's name in the save dialog.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 7:56 am
I am unable to remove songs from a playlist. When I click to remove, they disappear. But when I click on the playlist, the songs appear again. This makes it impossible to modify playlist. I consider this as a major bug. Build 2028.853. Please handle with priority.

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 9:37 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Did you try to save your modified playlist after removing some songs?

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 10:42 am
arishaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have the same issue. There's NO save options in VDJ8. At least none that I know of...

Posted Mon 03 Nov 14 @ 11:54 am
arisha wrote :
There's NO save options in VDJ8.

See page 42 of the manual.

Open the automix tab. Click on the playlist options icon, top right. Select Save.

Posted Mon 03 Nov 14 @ 12:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)