Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Automix problem playing song, starts in de middle and than ends, while the wave is still visable

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a very wierd issue. I have 2 songs in my automix list. When the mix is done from song 1 to song 2, song 2 starts in de middle and than stops at the end (no cue points are set). But it is not really at the end in the wave view. You still see the song is playing but you here just silence. I can reproduce this bug.... Can this bug being fixed ??

Posted Sun 17 Aug 14 @ 1:57 pm
Yes, I have this too... Only started with most recent build.

Song just keeps playing, even after it is over.

Posted Sun 17 Aug 14 @ 4:55 pm
I am glad I am not the only one ! ;-). This is a very bad bug, because in the middle of a liveset (when you need to pee or something), you just hear silence and no sound......

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 2:20 am
Can some one post this on: Beta Builds Regression Bugs ?

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 2:49 am
have you tried with the poi editor/automix ?

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 2:56 am
Yes I have tried that, but everything there looks OK, in the previous build the bug is also there..... I don't know where it goes wrong. The song just begins in the middle of the song and plays untill the end and than there is now sound at all, meanwhile the wave just keep playing and displaying that there is a wave/sound....

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 3:27 am
Here is a video, where i goes wrong. I go to the end of the songs, to speed the video up... The sound you hear is live in sync with the video... (i have used a youtube account from a friend).

http://youtu.be/S-4nVk7coXI

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 3:58 am
Maybe they should just the basic fixed before they start adding all these extra features. Come on VDJ step up your game.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 5:16 am
Anthony,
there are now 2 users (out of many 1000's) who are reporting this problem. It's not as bad as you suggest......

@Rojosound: can you reproduce this problem with any given song or is it only with this one?
Something else I've noticed: Your CBG is running twice as fast as your waveform, where it should have the same speed (it's useless like this). In what format are the clips? Does this happen with only video or on music only too?

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 7:01 am
No that is the problem, most of the songs run normal and there is no problem with, but with a few song this bug occurs. I had it in a live gig, so that was no so nice. I have a diffent skin so that's why my CBG runs faster, but you can see the problem. The file is a normal MP3 file 320 not a video file !). When I load this track at the normal way (drag in to the player) the songs plays normal..... I can't figure out why VDJ is doing this, but I have never had it wit 7.4

@Rojosound: can you reproduce this problem with any given song or is it only with this one?
Something else I've noticed: Your CBG is running twice as fast as your waveform, where it should have the same speed (it's useless like this). In what format are the clips? Does this happen with only video or on music only too?

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 7:30 am
rojosound wrote :
I have a diffent skin so that's why my CBG runs faster....

You should notice the author. This is not normal behaviour. (Is this a V8-skin?)
Have you tried if your problem still occurs if you use another skin?

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 10:11 am
I had this happen to me also.. but only once in a 5 hour set. The song played for about 30 seconds and then it faded to nothing. I was lucky that I was monitoring things and caught this and moved the cursor to the end of the song since we can no longer click on MIXNOW on the next song on the AUTOMIX list (wish that feature was back).

joe...

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 11:46 am
Martin FourS wrote :
rojosound wrote :
I have a diffent skin so that's why my CBG runs faster....

You should notice the author. This is not normal behaviour. (Is this a V8-skin?)
Have you tried if your problem still occurs if you use another skin?

@ Martin FourS I think this is normal, see the skin Controller by DennYo for VDJ8. You can ajust that ! So this has nothing to do with the skin. There are now 2 others thas has seen the same bug.....

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 11:59 am
I have to try if I can reproduce your problem. (BTW: I answered about the same way in your Dutch Forum-post)
It's a bug when almost every user is experiencing the same problem. This is still an individual problem but it's definitely not normal. Some users rely on a visual element while mixing so your CBG should at least give a proper indication of the beats in your song. Yours is going nuts and not helpful at all.
I'll come back to this tomorrow when I have checked what kind of influence the skin has on the CBG.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 4:09 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
godwentpunk wrote :
since we can no longer click on MIXNOW on the next song on the AUTOMIX list (wish that feature was back).

joe...

Just do a double-click on the song you wish to "mix now" or create a custombutton or keyboard key with the action "mix_now".

Posted Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 4:08 am
I'm not able to reproduce the problem. The difference in speed between the CBG and the waveform is caused by the small Zoom-faders in the middle on top of the skin where the scratch-zoom has a different value as the rhythm-zoom. (BTW: In Options (with Advanced Options marked, search for zoom. Both results should have the same value to make them run at the same speed. It's nearly impossible to reset them with the faders...)
In this case I would advice to delete Settings.xml in the folder My Documents/Virtual DJ. If then VDj is restarted, it will be set to it's factory settings. You have to reconfigure VDJ.
(Off topic: Even my system runs a lot smoother. Not sure if it was cluttered because of my toying around or blindly install every update without checking if things were changed, but for now I'm glad I did)

Posted Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 1:26 pm
PachN wrote :
godwentpunk wrote :
since we can no longer click on MIXNOW on the next song on the AUTOMIX list (wish that feature was back).

joe...

Just do a double-click on the song you wish to "mix now" or create a custombutton or keyboard key with the action "mix_now".

What I have found is that if I go into a setlist and use the AUTOMIX EDITOR to change things on two songs (ie, change it to match beat on), that for those two songs, the MIXNOW function will not work. If I click on the 3rd song in the list, I can MIXNOW that file. So updating a setlist with the AUTOMIX EDITOR seems to break the MIXNOW feature for songs that are back-to-back.

joe...

Posted Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 2:47 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Sounds like a bug...

Posted Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 4:29 am
Correct I think it's a bug too

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 9:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)