Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Auto mix fade

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm still stuck using vdj7. Why doesn't the auto mix mode work the same. I use remove intro/outro on vj7 works fine when I use it on vj8 there dead silence I the fade is noticeable

What can I do to fix this Or what can u do to fix this problem.

Posted Sun 17 Aug 14 @ 2:50 am
hi, I have also raised issues with the vdj8 automix fades taking no notice of the original vdj7 fades. It's a huge problem as I have over 6000 videos and it looks like I'll have to wade through all of them to fix this issue.

In VDJ7 I could set automix to "smart" and manually disable the tempo and cut fades that I didn't want. This would leave me with the normal fade (4seconds) that I preferred to use with the start and end points setup by me manually.

In VDJ8 there are a few more types of fades and they all get bundled under the "points of interest" POI editor. The POI's have all been reset and I have no idea which type the software is going to make use of.... very frustrating!!!

anthonyavicolli wrote :
I'm still stuck using vdj7. Why doesn't the auto mix mode work the same. I use remove intro/outro on vj7 works fine when I use it on vj8 there dead silence I the fade is noticeable

What can I do to fix this Or what can u do to fix this problem.

Posted Sun 17 Aug 14 @ 7:38 am
I feel like this many problems in a professional software for professionals is almost like a 'terrorist attack' on my company.

How can we provide a level of service to our clients (that they expect) that we have provided in the past, using past versions of Virtual DJ that no longer works well in V8? I have also noticed V7.4.1 and V8 are somehow 'linked' because my V7.4.1 is no longer functioning as a stable software platform.

So many tickets have been submitted without apparent answers or fixes.

My life, my livelihood, my company, my income, etc are all directly related to using Virtual DJ. I am slowly being killed by Virtual DJ V8 not performing up to prior version standards. Look, I live in the USA, but I am not responsible for my government's actions. I'm just trying to survive and stay alive. As evidenced by all the updates, V8 was clearly not up to the stable platform V7.4.1 was. There are still countless bugs that have not been fixed. All of these issues have made my life as a full time professional DJ miserable since V8's release. I would really appreciate some relief from the people at Atomix.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 12:08 pm
i agree duece i aso use the software for pro use in my case broadcaster on live365 not broadcasting mixes but a full time internet radio station i cant afford these software problems or i lose listeners worldwide i hate to say this but there is sam live dj and sam broadcaster the price is the same amount as vdj ive always supprted atomixs cause i thought vdj was better but now looking at the the two softwares automix and spacial im seein that sam is more stable and that is really sad also ive invesyed money in this software not easy to switch unless atomixs wants to start issuing refunds to pro users cause it just isnt 8 now 7 has its problems since its not being supported or updated now win situation

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 4:39 pm
I have waited to say anything hoping one of these updates I install will fix it. I guess we can sit and wait for them to fix it. All I can say is if serato would have a auto fade I would ditch vdj. When I Dj clubs I use serato when I Dj the strip club I use vdj for the auto mix fade other than that I would never use it

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 8:38 pm
Come on guys fix this problem so that when we select the "remove silence" button etc it does exactly that as it does in 7!!.....as a pro user too I also cannot use or recommend VDJ 8 to anyone and I really want to!!!

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 5:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)