Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Shuffle in Automix not actually shuffling the list anymore

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I'm on V8 version 1918.768 now, using V8 FullScreen Browser 4 Decks.

Previously, in V7.4.1 (and in all of the V6 versions) when I 'ticked' shuffle in automix, the actual list of songs shuffled, like a deck of cards, rearranging the list order, but continuing to select the next track from the top and uppermost track in the list. This worked well, because if I wanted to change the 'next track', I could drop the song to follow the track currently being played by dropping the track at the top of the list.

Now, in V8, when I tick 'shuffle,' the list remains in the same order, but the 'next track played' seems to be randomly chosen from anywhere in the list. This is a major setback if I want to "tweak" the shuffled list. For example, if I have a dinner set playlist with 5 Tony Bennett Tracks and 5 Frank Sinatra Tracks, I might want to shuffle the order, but then rearrange the shuffled order so as to rearrange the Frank Sinatra tracks to be spaced more evenly apart than what the 'shuffle' gave.

Previously, I could follow the list after being shuffled. Now, instead of a shuffle that I can see, it's more like a 'pick a card, pick any card from the deck of cards, without seeing what comes after the card just selected.

Can you please, please, pretty please return the shuffle feature back to how it worked in V7.4.1? In the current format that the 'shuffle' function is in, I find the feature to be virtually useless as I have no clue what song comes next in the list. Now, 'Shuffle' seems to just randomly pick the next track from "somewhere.... anywhere... in the list."

Thus far, I feel I have been struggling/banging my head against a brick wall with V8 after having used V7.4.1 flawlessly for so long. I'm really frustrated, literally on the verge of a nervous breakdown when things just 'don't work' the way they should. Honestly, with all the issues experienced, even though V8 is more powerful and offers more features, I haven't had time to even try out the new features, because I am constantly fighting to 'stay alive' amongst all the frustration of things not working the way they should (as compared to V7.4.1)

Posted Sat 16 Aug 14 @ 7:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)