Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: "last played" annoying issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I don't know if you'd call it a bug exactly, but there's an odd behaviour in the browser when organising a list of search results by "last played". In VDJ7, you could hit the last play tab, and all the recently played stuff would instantly appear at the top of the list, ready for you to click and drag onto a deck. Do the same thing in VDJ8, and you have to go searching down to the bottom of the list for it. Any chance this could be fixed to work in a more intuitive way like it did in 7? All this extra scrolling around is a bit of an annoyance... Not a massive issue I know, but sometimes those little touches make all the difference to the user experience.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 10:23 am
Just me then? Ah well, will just have to get used to it I guess... :)

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 4:09 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Hit the last played field twice?

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 4:13 pm
If you scoll down then type a search.. then clear the search, v8 will go back to the point you last scrolled to (not back to top of list) handy when you need to continue scrolling down...

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 5:08 pm
Fair do's, I see that now. While we're talking about the last play date though, is there any way of changing the date order, by which I mean to the UK style, ie DD/MM/YYYY rather than YYYY/MM/DD. Couldn't see any option for that in the config, is it something I could do myself with some xml tweaking for example?

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 5:16 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nope it's hardcoded, Logically, year month day is the best way, that's how I do my tax returns. It saves many headaches when reordering.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 5:54 pm
I agree, logically it makes more numerical sense to have the least significant digit to the right, but if you're used to seeing the DD/MM/YYYY format everywhere else it's just confusing!

Posted Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 1:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)