Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: 1910.765 - automix fade points not same as version7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I make extensive use of dragging and dropping pre-fade-pointed videos into an automix. In version7 this worked very well, I would load up a video on the second deck and setup the fade start and fade end points and deliberately uncheck the other types of start/end points... meaning that when I dragged the video into an automix playlist it would be forced to start and end on my fade points only. In version8 I can see that all of my fade points have been removed (I have over 6000 videos!). I have no idea why version8 would ignore the original settings. In version7 I had to use "smart" mixing mode and force it to use my fade points using the automix editor. I attach pictures so that you can clearly see that the video in version7 has different fade points to the ones that version8 has created. This is a real pain!!! Changing to "smart" automix makes no difference as the original fade points have now gone in version8 and I have no idea how "smart" would automatically pick the fade points only.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 12:28 am
Have the same problem with my audio-files and wrote it weeks ago, but there is no reaction yet. I have about 5000 files with cue- and automix-points to recreate. If it is not solved, I cannot use Version 8, because I don't have the time at the moment to create all of those points new.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 7:07 am
Can anyone please tell us when version8 is going to start working with the original version7 cue and automix points? Looks like I'm not the only DJ that prefers to work using the automix methods. Also..... looking at the new POI editor, how can we tell automix what our preferred method of mixing is??? (how do we disable the other types of fade????) Do we have to use the "force fade" from the options? I ask as the "force fade" had several options in version7 and none of them worked how I would have liked unless I forced "smart" automix mode, then it would only use the fades that I had enabled, or it would select from all of the "enabled" different fades the most appropriate fade to use.

djragman wrote :
Have the same problem with my audio-files and wrote it weeks ago, but there is no reaction yet. I have about 5000 files with cue- and automix-points to recreate. If it is not solved, I cannot use Version 8, because I don't have the time at the moment to create all of those points new.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 4:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)