Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Trouble with an update (renamed thread)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Last update mess up sound card detection. Some older sound cards like Echo Indigo DJ and maybe many others (dont know) cant be detected anymore by VDJ8 and used by VDJ - this happened straight after latest VDJ8 update !!!! BE AWARE..this happened to me right before gig start after I updated VDJ fortunately I have also VDJ7 installed on computer so use VDJ7 now. This is unbeliveable how such update could be released with such a crucial error...

Posted Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 11:27 am
This is why you should never install an update just before a gig!

Posted Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 11:48 am
yes I never do that i done that accidentaly as window which ask me if i want update appeared in same time i wanted close file browser window ... so it was a mistake :-( However this dont lower danger which comes with latest vdj update..apparently this update mess up something.. dunno how many cards can be affected by that ..so guys better dont update until this will be resolved..

Posted Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 11:53 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Well, as pointed out, updating before a job is something to avoid. But, simply because you are having trouble doesn't mean everyone will. It could be a program conflict unique to your machine. I've been running my latest builds with no problem. So, in the future, please refrain from generalized statements like the one you used to name this thread, please.

Posted Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 12:16 pm
Well I would be happy if I see some warning like this if i was another user.. Problem is certainly with update - not my computer or card or configuration. Just installed it on my backup computer also on win 8 . Same result. On both compzers Echo Indigo was working before on wasapi drivers and after that update now it dont work on both computers - VDj dont see card now on any of my computers with Echo Indigo DJ express card. VDJ7 working with same card on both systems. Problem is certainly in VDJ after update - its clear it cant be another problem. THing is it can affect other cards as well...who knows...

Posted Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 12:22 pm
Why are you using wasapi? Does it work OK if you use ASIO?

Posted Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 4:40 pm
Unfortunately from the first release there is some problem in VDJ8 - dont recognize older ASIO sound cards. So ASIO wasnt working for my card in VDJ8 from first release, but if I used WASAPI drivers it was working fine. BUT NOW.... VDJ8 from last update dont see Echo Indigo Dj at all, I cant even select two card option in setup becasue VDJ simply dont see my card. Echo Indigo Dj express card is great HighEnd card. I know .. its not on sale anymore, but still I think this card is used by many Djs - its top notch fully fledged pro grade sound card. At least I know roughly 15 Djs personally who use it and in worldwide measure there will be great amount of people using this card. VDJ should still support this famous card I think. Hope critical problem in last update will be fixed soon

Posted Sun 10 Aug 14 @ 4:45 am
I just did some testing with my own Echo Indigo card (it's a PCMCIA one, but still the same model)....

In VDJ 7 it shows as ASIO Echo PCI and works without problems.

In VDJ 8 it shows as ASIO Echo PCI (ASIO) and works without problems. It also shows as Indigo DJ 1-2/3-4/5-6/7-8 virtual out (WDM) but I didn't test it.

This is using build 1910 on Windows XP.

Is your card a DJX? The Echo web site lists driver 8.5 for Vista & Windows 7. There are no Windows 8 drivers. What driver version are you using?

Posted Sun 10 Aug 14 @ 6:19 am
Hi. Im using windowx 8 on my both work computers ( main and backup notebook). ON both I have installed VDJ 7 and VDJ 8 . On both using Echo Indigo DJ ( express card version). Im using latest drivers for win 7 downloaded from Echo audio website and this drivers work fine under win 8 . Card work fine on both computers with VDJ 7 and ASIO drivers. Card is properly detected and ASIO driver work fine. IN VDJ 8 on same computers ASIo drivers dont work properly, so I had to use WASAPI drivers - than card work fine. From latest VDJ 8 update card is not detected at all and I cant use any drivers asio or wasapi as card is not detected at all so cant choose even two soundcard option in VDJ 8

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 5:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Nothing changed in the detection of audio devices.
So when you use the drop-down to select a sound card, the indigo is not listed as ASIO or WASAPI?

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 7:07 am
When update was applied and VDJ restart itself I got message straight away that soundcard cant be connected. So I shutdown VDJ, restarted computer and run VDJ again. I cant select TWO SOUNDCARD OPTION at all in settings so I cant setup card whanever with asio or wasapi because I cant even get to sound card driver setup in VDJ audioo setting. I only can choose internal soundcard option - so assume that VDJ simply dont detect there is anothere soundacrd now and that why TWO CARD option is not selectable now... Before update was applied I could normally select TWO CARD option and there was ASIO drivers ( soundacrd wasnt working correctly with them from first release of VDJ8) and WASAPI drivers ( soundcard was working fine with that drivers)

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 10:10 am
Why don't you try installing the download version from here http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html (which is not the latest beta)?

If what you're saying is correct, then the earlier version should revert things to the way they were.

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 10:48 am
I think that will be same latest official version with latest update included (including problematic last one) However even if I find previous installer so i can install previous version which was working it dont solve problem. I think this need to be fixed if I will be using older version it doesnt solve problem as I would be stuck with one version and unable to update,,

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 11:06 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The audio configuration can still be configured manually without using the buttons at the top.
So you could create one line with source 'deck 1' and another line with source 'deck 2'
Then if you click on the right of it on the same line under 'SoundCard' you should get a drop-down with the available audio devices in your system.
Is this list not showing the Indigo?

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 12:34 pm
Latest VDJ8 update fixed problem. Now VDJ see card again and I can use wasapi drivers. Gonna test if its work properly now..

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 9:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)