Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Browser VDJ 8 does not show content on MACBOOK

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a Macbook Air with OSX (Maverick) since 2 days now. My external HD 2TB is formatted in exFAT. In the Windows PC everythings works fine with VDJ 8 (downloaded 6-8-2014) , but in the MAC there are many directories without any listing of the files in the browser. By Finder all these files ar present. This issue is not on all directories.
I spend a lot of hours to solve this problem.
The Files are copied by a normal PC. In Finder I can see all the files and can also play them by iTunes.
The problem is the file name. If it has an ë or other not standard character inside the file name, it blocks the whole listing of that directory, even when the specific file is removed, still the listing in the browser does not work. I have to make a new directorie and copy all the files to a this new directorie. With this action I can see and play my music.
Is this a known bug?

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 7:30 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
As far as i know is this a know bug and it is already reported to the DEV team.

I'm sure it will be solved soon with one of the next updates.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 7:42 am
I tried to find this issue in the forum but I could not find it. That's why I made a new item.
Anyway thanks for your information

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 8:52 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
The funny/sad thing is, it is not noticed on ALL Mac systems.
Maybe it is really just related with some special characters?

Hard to say at the moment.

Could you offer us some of the problem files?

Posted Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 3:36 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
So far I have not been able to reproduce the file, so yes a copy of the file could be helpful, but please also try with the latest beta build #1907 to see if the problem still exists.

Posted Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 8:33 am
I have a similar Problem on my WinPc. I haven't found out what it depends on, but some lists are 'emptier' than they should be. I don't think it depends on ö, ä, ü. But it's not just happening on Macs...

Posted Sun 10 Aug 14 @ 7:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)