Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Unloading deck causes crash

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have had several crashes lately on VDJ 8 and finally noticed that is has something to do with unloading a deck. I have a keyboard shortcut for action "unload" and another for "clone_deck". THe crash is quite easy to reproduce: load a track on deck, and start to play. Do the "clone_deck" and then unload BEFORE the waveform is fully loaded to another deck. CRASH and program is restarted!

It does not happen everytime but usually if you repeat this clone-unload several times, it will happen.Note: Cloning is not the only way to make the crash, it happens also when regularly loading song from browser, and maybe sometimes even after the waveform is fully loaded. Tapping clone+unload several times is just the easiest way to reproduce the bug.

PS: I use Win 8.1 64-bit, and loading mp4 files.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 1:27 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I can confirm that and its reproduceable.

Created 2 custom buttons, one for clone_deck and 2nd for unload.

After a couple of attempts to clone and unload, while the track is still loading, VDJ crashes.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 10:49 am
@jaakko: Do you have milkrop running in the back for non-video files?

I too tested it with mp4 only (I think, must confirm that) and I'm wondering if it happens with mp3 or other video formats.

Posted Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 2:12 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yes I have milkdrop running. Damn, actually I just realised that it is stupid to have it running since actually I started to use mp4 videos only at gigs.

Posted Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 11:29 am
I too have milkrop running. Maybe that's the cause, but I don't know and can't test it atm.

Posted Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 12:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)