Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: searches for fields with tags are not showing in V8 searches

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I have spent years inputting keywords into the various tag fields of my files. My dilemma, was found when I did a "search" in V8.0.0 build 1901.751 (Virtual DJ 8 FullScreen Browser 4 deck skin). To the right of the search box, I have 'ticked' search in folder, search in drives, and tag fields title, artist, comment, album, genre, year, bpm, composer, and remix. With the same tag fields 'ticked' in V7.4.1, I receive 290 files for the keyword 'processional', but in V8 I only receive 106 files in the results. Same computer, same hard drive. I have found that in other searches for keywords, in V8 not all of the files are appearing in my search results. I don't understand why the files are not appearing. An example would be Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's title 'Over the Rainbow.' It was issued on "Top Hits USA" Radio and Programming Management's T-series back in the year 2004. The mp3 shows up in V 7.4.1, but not in V8? I don't understand. I have many years invested in adding keywords to the tags of my music collection. I understand there are many types of ID tags (ID3v1, ID2v2.3, ID3v2.4 etc), but I do not understand why V8 cannot see what V7.4.1 sees? Dear God help please. I have been using MP3Tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en) program from Germany for tagging my files (mp3's and mp4's), all of which are read in V7.4.1 but not in V8. How do I resolve this? Forgive me, I am not a coder, but an end user. Help? Thank you in advance.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 8:34 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
External or internal harddrive?

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 1:09 am
I have attempted/created the same situation with internal, external, and network attached storage.

My submitted ticket was 'answered' by referring me to post in this forum for help.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 8:29 am
Best way is upload a file that doesn't work for you to like drop box and share the link here. Then tell us the keywords u think shoul work and someone else can test on their system for you :)

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 12:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)