Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: virtual dj not playing properly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

w1kstaPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Im trying to play songs on my virtual dj and its all a mish mash.... It picks and does what ever it wants pretty much, you push stop/pause and it stops for about a second then starts playing again. Anyone else experienced this? or is it something that I have done? (im still working out how to use virtual dj, so im pretty green)

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 3:39 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Could you provide more infos please?
What system are you using? Are you using a controller?
Which Version (build) of VDJ are you using? ...

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 4:14 am
im on version 8, I am using windows (not mac) on a Hp spectre pro book and im not using any controllers.... before I opened it, it asked if I wanted to install the updates which I did and I tried to play a song and it just comes out all mish mashy and does anything that it wants

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 4:55 am
Can you not describe what's happening in words that actually make sense to other people?

Would you expect a mechanic to be able to fix your car if you told him it was mishy mashy? Or if you were ill and told the doctor you felt mishy mashy? LOL!

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 5:16 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That should definitely not happen.
Are you using a wireless mouse? if so, could you disconnect it and just try with the mousepad?

If not, is it by any chance possible, that a key (maybe the spacebar?) is stuck and fireing nonstop? Or the mousepad has a malfunction?

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 5:19 am
no, im just using the pro book, trying to familiarise myself with it for now. The best way to describe it is mish mashy because you cant make out anything. It jumps from extremely fast to extremely slow by itself, it adjusts the pitch higher and lower by itself, you push stop and it stops for two seconds and then starts again. Sometimes it stops by itself for a few seconds

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 5:33 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Can you record some video from a cell phone or something showing exactly what is happening?

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 7:35 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
In config there is a setting in options at the top of the page "Restore factory default" press this, hopefully this will clear the problem. Close vdj and restart. You'll also see a tick box to the right of this, make sure this is ticked please.

When you next go into config select options, this will give you a whole load of options that you can apply or remove/stop, go through each option selecting what you want the programme to do, it will also give you an understanding of how vdj is working on your system.

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 7:46 am
The songs your playing , you getting them from your external hard drive , try playing a song from your laptop , you may be having a problem with your hard drive . Have you tried this with another laptop yet >

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 8:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)