Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Issues with VDJ8 crashing after update.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Dr_DraxPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I was doing some work in VDJ8 on a MBP. The screen notified me that VDJ8 had been updated. I thought, cool, I like that! Well I clicked settings to do some skin changes & I didn't like it so well as VDJ immediately crashed & gave me a huge list of stack overflow errors. It told me to quit VDJ8 & restarrt, I did that, but now I get message that VDJ8 is damaged or incomplete. Please advise how to fix this. I realize I can delete VDJ & reinstall BUT that is NOT the desired option for every time VDJ does an auto update. I I would like to hear from somebody on the dev team BEFORE I del & reinstall to see if there are any files or anything they would like to see before I overwrite it all. I am moving into my busy season & need VDJ8 to be ROCK. Please advise.

Posted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 3:32 pm
leespcPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Dr_Drax wrote :
I was doing some work in VDJ8 on a MBP. The screen notified me that VDJ8 had been updated. I thought, cool, I like that! Well I clicked settings to do some skin changes & I didn't like it so well as VDJ immediately crashed & gave me a huge list of stack overflow errors. It told me to quit VDJ8 & restarrt, I did that, but now I get message that VDJ8 is damaged or incomplete. Please advise how to fix this. I realize I can delete VDJ & reinstall BUT that is NOT the desired option for every time VDJ does an auto update. I I would like to hear from somebody on the dev team BEFORE I del & reinstall to see if there are any files or anything they would like to see before I overwrite it all. I am moving into my busy season & need VDJ8 to be ROCK. Please advise.

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 6:38 am
leespcPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Dr_Drax wrote :
Hi doc. My VDJ crashed not long after the last update. What I did was without uninstalling VDJ, went to the where the VDJ installation download file is and installed it again. I followed the prompts until a dialog box with options- Reinstall or Repair appeared. I clicked repair and it was all good accept at the time I was mapping my NS711 and lost that work so had to start again. The same feature is in VDJ7 as well. hope this was helpful.

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 7:05 am
Dr_DraxPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Well that didn't work. I got a notice that the Installer encountered an error that caused the installer to fail. So I am still DOA.

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 8:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)