Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: latest version drops out left audio on ns7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i was about 2 hours into the gig and out of nowhere left audio cut out and left deck was useless. when i play , wave form moves but no audio on the left side . this used to be an issue with right channel. many versions ago. it seems to be a hit or miss with vdj 8.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 8:12 am
What build because I'm at 1901 and its by far the best yet with my NS7.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 8:51 am
when 8 was first released the scratching was god awful on my ns7. Is it better now? It had a delay every time I first grabbed the record. Been on 7 since.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 1:15 pm
i always say yes to auto update and i'm not at 1900. is that a beta version? also I always play 4 days a week 4-10 hours and there's no way it's an isolated incident. it did work fine for a week up until i said yes to the previous autoupdate. 1897.752 . also this version has a terrible limiter it' pumps and it's not transparent.
those of you who claims its working with no issues, are you just playing audio? have you tested karaoke, videos, and all effects? my laptop is powerful so i know for a fact it's v8. v7 still works flawlessly.

Posted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 9:29 am
djstantastic wrote :
when 8 was first released the scratching was god awful on my ns7. Is it better now? It had a delay every time I first grabbed the record. Been on 7 since.

no it has a huge delay when you load sometimes you need to wait around 2 seconds before they work. horrible .

Posted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 9:31 am
Yes 1901 is a beta build. Could be me but the volume is louder at lower gain levels and sound quality is very nice. I had a issue with the period in front of tracks downloaded from a Mac and thats now gone.
Also the pitch faders work smoothly now just like with Serato.
As far as scratching, its getting better but not quite there. When I hold the platter while playing theres still jerky movement in the track, which is a pain trying to set cue points.

I do 99.9% videos and have all kinds of clips, sounds and mp4's in my sampler banks that work exactly like they should. I have karaoke but I don't mess with it anymore, good riddance. But I can load and play just to compare notes.

Only major problem I'm having is when scrolling effects with the FX bar it will go through sound effects then into video effects and then crash. I can reproduce that on command. I've done 11 hours straight video and that was several builds ago.

Posted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 11:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)