Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ8 Exported Playlists No Longer Readable in VDJ 7.4 or Any Other Software

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Since a build that came out after June 1 2014, the resulting m3u file generated by the COPY TO command when exporting a VDJ8 playlist creates a file that is unreadable by any other software on the market, including VDJ 7.4.

Itunes, Serato, Tracktor, Windows Media Player, VLC, Media Monkey, not one can import or open/read a VDJ8 Exported Playlist.

This is a regression across platforms. I've tried this on a Mabook Pro, a Mac Air, a Toshiba Laptop and a Desktop PC. Using VDJ8, none of the machines can produce an m3u file using the COPY TO command that can be successfully opened by any other program besides VDJ8.

Need a fix.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 9:49 pm
kind of thought this was reported but i have used the copy to, to copy out one of my playlists and the only windows apps that i have that wont play the lists are WMP and iTunes

the playlists will play on foobar2000 and Media Monkey my preferred apps anyways.

its the same old issue the full path isn't included in the m3u file.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 10:46 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Wickedmix-

You are right, it has been reported and I stand corrected, Media Monkey WILL read the m3u file.

Of course, this doesn't help Mac users as there is no Media Monkey for OS last I checked. Or is there?

The reason I started a new post was because in trying to find workarounds until a fix, I thought if I could open the VDJ8 generated playlist in VDJ 7.4, I could then import the 7.4 exported playlist into itunes for backups, synching to ipod, ipad and creating discs, etc. That's when I found out that 7.4 won't open vdj8 m3u files either.

I then thought, what about opening the VDJ8 Playlist in Serato and allowing Serato to create a Crate, like I used to. Nope, that didn't work either. Anything created before June 1, 2014 still works as before. Then nada.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 12:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)