Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Bit rate still not scanning properly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

As below, seems an old V7 bug has not been fixed.

Windows shows this file as 237kps (which is correct) but VDJ reports it as 128kps. Not sure if it's VBR or not.

Had hoped the incorrect reporting of bitrates would have been fixed in the new version since I've been reporting this for years now ......

EDIT

Although after scanning the track doesn't update, if you load it on a deck, it mysteriously seems to change at some point once it's loaded.

Can someone please check this out?

Thanks - Keith

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 2:06 pm
maybe the VBR header on that track has got buggered up it happens if u have foobar2000 is has a tool to fix VBR headers in it if not not sure what the prob is the track play OK no?

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 8:15 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I think it has to be VBR what kind of headcase would choose 237Kbps as a CBR?

If Atomix could explain the difference between Scan version 510 and 800, because I get the feeling 510 is a quick rough (batch) scan and 800 is a precise scan that only happens on the tracks first play, and this is why Key info and stuff like this happens magically when a track is first played.

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 8:42 pm
Be careful using the word magically, Apple may sue you as it belongs to them

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 1:59 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
800 just means the scan engine of virtualdj 8
510 is the scan engine of Virtualdj 7

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 3:14 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The file stats at the end of the tag-editor window should at least inform if the file is VBR or CBR, it is kind of important info to know.

Also, skinners can't get the sample-bitrate (i.e. 44100 Hz) as a value to use in skins, that's a shame !

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 4:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)