-Fix possible block on exit when still opening CU files
-Hide files starting with ._ on windows
-Fix cover not always shown on cdj-2000
-Possible HS-5500 improvement

BUILD 1902 (MAC):
-Fix problem with autoupdate sometimes not updating correctly

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 4:32 am
nsxmarvPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Sorry, but I'm not quite sure where to ask this question. Did you ever fix the problem of freezing on the macs? It was a big issue about a month ago, and I haven't tried to use VDJ8 much since it kept crashing. Also, I wasn't sure what kind of bug you called it. If so, what version was it fixed?

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 1:52 pm
still have problems with auto-updates ,been reporting this since build 1.855, after auto update my stanton scs1d and scs1m are not detected by VDJ8, the vdj logo is missing from skins,after opening the settings window I get a crash,

if I press cancel I can open settings window,and check missing icons

,after I quit vdj8 I cant open it anymore,files are damaged or missing, I can only install public betas,but since all previous builds have scs1d platter issues,have to go back to 1.845...

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 2:29 pm
1901 update has erased the database , and its not just me , others that updated are having the same issue . Also the number of tracks played is gone . Why is this getting worse as we get more updates , should this not be the other way around where things get better ! I am now having to analogize the database .

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 2:35 pm
You can delete the V8 database (database.xml) and when you open V8 again it will recreate a new one from your latest V7 database.

That should save time scanning everything again!

This seems to be an issue for those who went from 1900 to 1901 .... I did a fresh install of 1897 earlier then went to 1901 without the DB being lost.

I also back my V8 database up regularly in case this sort of thing does happen (not that it should) but the software is clearly still beta.

Keith

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 3:14 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
1902 didnt fix the update issue on Mac (still getting the same error), It seems that the bug is on 1897 (automatic update bug)
Anyways, what you can do for now is ..
- Properly update to 1902 (click yes to the prompt Q)
- goto applications, right-click on the VirtualDJ app (you will probably notice that it has a different icon than the default one)
- Choose Show Package content.
- Grab the app you will see in there and drag it to the desktop.
- Launch version 8 from desktop

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 9:47 pm
thank you djdad,that worked for me.
but new build 1.902 still has platter issues when platter held still, tracks jumps or slowly moves around...slow drag scratches are impossible, back to 1.845.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 4:03 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Confirmed the 1901 broke Karaoke. Tried both zipped and extracted. Enable video and boom - a fresh restart. Then back to where you left off. Not cool. PC user here.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 9:17 pm
TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The karaoke on my pc is working.
Desktop, 6 core AMD cpu, AMD Radeon HD 6700 1GB, dual DVI.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 1:44 am
sclavel wrote :

That's a bit vague. Can you give more info?

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 4:00 am
My database was erased after installing 1902 on my Mac. Copied my backup, and now everything works again.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 4:51 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
ewitles wrote :
Confirmed the 1901 broke Karaoke. Tried both zipped and extracted. Enable video and boom - a fresh restart. Then back to where you left off. Not cool. PC user here.

Sent you a pm

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 5:22 am
Updated to 1901.752 Beta (PC) earlier today and have noticed that none of my Comments are showing in the Info Panel - they were showing on previous build. They are however showing if I add the Comment column to the browser (which I don't want to do but tried to check if showing).

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 12:13 pm
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :

but new build 1.902 still has platter issues when platter held still, tracks jumps or slowly moves around...slow drag scratches are impossible, back to 1.845.

I can confirm this still happens though less severe than previous versions. Running on mac with NS7.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 10:33 pm
The pitch changes on the decks at unpredictable timers. Pitch lock will not stay locked and I have all the settings related to pitch set to not auto change, match, etc... Frsutrating

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 11:50 pm
RCBAudio wrote :
The pitch changes on the decks at unpredictable timers. Pitch lock will not stay locked and I have all the settings related to pitch set to not auto change, match, etc... Frsutrating

I can confirm this. Running on Win7 and RMX2.

Posted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 3:18 am
Correction!
Remaped the "shift+sync" button to "beat_tap". Now it works. Sorry for posting!

Posted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 6:11 am
ewitles wrote :

Karaokes fine for me.

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 6:51 am
this version, closes unexpectedly, as the previous ...

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 10:04 pm
ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
+1
Please inform us on what the 'possible' 5500 improvements are for this version?
Thanks.

groovindj wrote :
sclavel wrote :

That's a bit vague. Can you give more info?

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 5:11 pm
95%