Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video Preview Windows Scrambled

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

stewskiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm using Tosh Satellite with Denon MC6000 MkII.

The two video preview window beneath the main output preview video window appear scrambled quite frequently. then for no reason they appear fine. It's not specific to particular videos appears to be completely random.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 2:47 pm

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 3:05 pm
I had this happen to me on the left deck. Do you have 'videoForceFullscreen" set to 0?

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 3:19 pm
wblairPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I had the same problem on my laptop with an nvidia video card running Windows 8.1 64bit and VJ8

I tried various settings without success.
VJ8 would crash at least one a gig and the video preview screens would frequently be scrambled. Main output was ok.

I resolved issue by removing Windows 8 and reinstalling Windows 7 64bit on laptop.

Dale

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 7:42 am
I am already using windows 7 and have forcevideofullscreen to '1'

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 6:11 am
I have 2 laptops... One that is running Win 7 64bit and the other had Win 8 64bit.

I noticed that VJ8 played fine on my Win 7 computer, but was having problems with my main laptop which had Win 8 64bit on it.... crashes in VJ8 and the preview
windows were freqeuntly be scrambled. Originally it came with Win 7, but I upgraded to Win 8 about a week after I got the laptop 18 months ago.

After putting Win 7 back on laptop, VJ8 runs so much better.... no one instance of a scrambled preview screen

You might try to reinstall Windows 7 on your computer.

Dale

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 7:02 am
My guess is that it's related to your graphics drivers.

Are they up to date? Are they manufacturers drivers or just OS default?

What happens to the corrupted part of the screen if you resize the VDJ skin?

Try updating, or even "downdating" the graphics drivers. Try swapping between manufacturer & OS drivers. Try changing the OS desktop settings (bit depth, effects etc).

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 8:49 am
In my case I had the latest video drives from NVIDIA.... drivers are the same for Windows 7 or 8.
I even had 1 update to NVIDIA which I downloaded and applied and same issue.
Resizing the screen did not matter.
Using a different VJ8 skin did not resolve issue.
Issue existed from the start of when I installed VJ8.

I did not try changing the screen resolution..... I use 1920 x 1080 on my 17" laptop screen.

I also connected a 27" monitor to VGA output on laptop and turned off laptop display....did not correct issue.

It may still be a graphics issue, but unless you have loaded a bunch of crap on your DJ laptop, then I would reinstall Windows 7.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 12:01 pm
Try ...

skin FPS ----15

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 12:20 pm
I'm having exactly the same problem as you and have tried all of the above without success. Has anyone found a solution yet? I thought it might be to do with Milkdrop but now I'm not so sure.

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 4:16 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I think that only happens

1) if you have a two video cards in your laptop
2) you have videoForceFullScreen set to 1

Could you confirm that?

Posted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 3:26 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have two video cards and am having this issue when using VDJ8 with the bundled VDJ7 skin:

- When scrolling through the browser I get video flash frames the size of the screen of the playing video.

Edit: It occurs with the official skin too if increasing the skin refresh rate, or if performing fast scrolling in the browser.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 5:52 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

My video output preview window also shows as scrambled, any ideas?

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 5:59 pm
BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
this problem exists since the beginning of VDJ 8

if you use "forcefullscreen 1" then you have this problem, output is perfect but preview screen is distorted!
when you use "forcefullscreen 0" the preview screen is perfect but the output is very bad.
the output also beginns to stutter after playing few hours with video.
looks like memory overcrowding

i have this problem with ALL intel graphics cards combination with nvidia cards.

intel 3000 / nvidia 540m
intel hd4600 / nvidia 840m
intel hd4600 / nvidia gtx 765

acer /thoschiba/msi / asus

Braenzu

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 4:44 pm
in my experience of this i had switched the "overclock soundcard setting" check for this and try with the other settings..

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 5:52 pm
where do you find the "Overclock sound setting"

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 12:29 pm
Config > Show Advanced Options > Performances > Overclock

The legend on screen says "On old systems, make sure that the internal clock is running as fast as possible to ensure accurate sound behaviour."
Personally i dont know why this would affect the video, maybe things get out of sync? Im running on a Haswell i5 with 16gb ram.. took me a while to figure this problem out but this seemed to remedy it for me.. see how you get on with it :)

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 7:00 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Unfortunateley switching overclock does not solve the issue. This just was tested the last couple of hours during a gig ....

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 5:19 pm
okay. i'll do some more "digging" this week in my system to see exactly how i fixed it then..

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 8:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)