Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Auto mix should have an option for BPM Sync Yes/No

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I noticed that automix doesn't have an option to disable the BPM syncing. This would work out well for those people that runs bars or restaurants. Is this a planned feature that will be available soon?

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 12:17 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
+100000000000

Cocktail/Dinner Music sounds silly with automix attempting to beatmatch the playlist close to (-+) 10 bpms of songs.

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 12:20 am
DJ Koz wrote :
+100000000000

Cocktail/Dinner Music sounds silly with automix attempting to beatmatch the playlist close to (-+) 10 bpms of songs.

Agreed! I do a lot of freelancing work so if somebody ever comes up to me asking to help them setup their restaurant I could recommend VDJ8, but as of now it's not a good choice for it.

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 12:22 am
Just set the automix to Fade instead of smart.

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 2:33 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I wish my Automix would be "smart".
But when I set it to smart, it will always be "smart (cut)" No exeption and no matter if the bpm are the same or even the same track.

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 3:09 am
An option where the next song would start when the previous one reaches a certain volume level would be ideal. For example a fading outro would get to a point before dying completely and the next song comes in, but if the song ends directly on a beat the next one starts immediately.

Keith

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 5:52 am
It tries to beatmatch no matter what!

You can see the BPMs change and the pitch move.

This needs to be changed!

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 7:10 am
Not sure what settings you are using but mine does not auto beat match. I have it set to "Fade remove silence" and 4 sec.

Rusty

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 11:29 am
Partyman,

Please use tracks that have about a 5 bpm difference. Please watch the pitch slider and bpm count move.

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 11:31 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Fade (Remove Silence) is your best option for what you are doing...

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 12:10 pm
JoeyKJ,

It sill tries to beatmatch.

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 12:13 pm
Didn't test just an idea but could 'autoBPMMatch' under settings have an affect on this?

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 12:54 pm
Sonido Alto Voltaje,

No it doesn't.

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 12:59 pm
I will check it but I used automix a lot in past few days and did not notice it.

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 5:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)