Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: My First Gig with V8 Feedback

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

And so i braved myself last week and played out with version 8.

I use a DDJ SX with Win7 on a Mac Book pro

POSITIVES

Sound: Crisp and clear and very rich and rewarding. I liked what i heard
Connectivity: V8 connected with my controller easily with no major need for resetting. Did not have to start bothering myself with ASIO drivers like in V7
Look & Feel: Easily adaptable and very usable. Still learning alot about the settings

NEGATIVES

BPM: For some funny reason which i cannot fanthom, after about an hour of playing. The BPM showing in the library was incorrect on most of the tracks. When i would load a track, the BPM would be different. This was very disturbing during my set and i had to use all my experience to overcome this flaw. I had the belief that all details (including BPM) would transfer from V7. Has anyone else experienced this?
PLATTER NUDGING: Anytime i nudged the SX platter, the track would either speed up or slow down if nudged in the other direction. This made it quite difficult for me to make smooth transitions. it also made me to take longer to blend two tracks together. Is there a setting i have missed off? Has anyone had this?
OFFSYNC: Whenever i got both tracks lined up, they would very often go offbea or rather out of sync. These are with tracks that i know in V7 would stay in sync throughout the duration of the track
MY LIBRARY: I installed this tool and used it for the first time out. I tend to use BPM ranges alot during my set. when i used the tool to give me a range e.g 110-115. i noticed that it did not give me the full list if the tracks , in other words , it left some tracks out. I tried to use the manual way i.e putting in 110 - 115 in the search browser and i noticed this did not work

OVERVIEW

Even though i made it trough the night, i think i was doing too much work on a new software than i should have had to. I had tested the software at home before using it to play out but there are certain things you will only experience when you play live.
I have another gig this weekend and think i will revert back to V7 until i am able to solve these issue. Regardless, good work on the software. It maybe that most of the things i experienced are 'setting' dependent that i missed out...

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 4:41 pm
BPM difference. Yes, you will have to reanalyze your library , because 8 has a different bpm and key engine. Some of your tracks will remain the same, but those that need correcting, will change. Most of my bpms, stay the same, but the key changes seem to be accurate.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 5:16 pm
gbadegesin wrote :

MY LIBRARY: I installed this tool and used it for the first time out. I tend to use BPM ranges alot during my set. when i used the tool to give me a range e.g 110-115. i noticed that it did not give me the full list if the tracks , in other words , it left some tracks out. I tried to use the manual way i.e putting in 110 - 115 in the search browser and i noticed this did not work

Sounds like you need to rescan your entire library with 8.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 5:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)