Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: ability to resize Custom Logo VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way to resize the my custom logo on VDJ 8? Currently you have the options as "Small","Medium","large".
I would like the ability to choose the location and size of the logo as I could've on VDJ 7 with the plug in.

Any posibility on this?

Thank you
Panos

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 10:15 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Why not just use a sample slot and you'll be able to do just about anything you want with it, unfortunately you will have to remember to activate it.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 1:38 pm
You could start it with an oninit, couldn't you?

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 2:29 pm
hmm Video Sample is a way of doing it but the problem in having it as a video sample is that I still do not have the ability to resize it.
Yes I can create it in the resolution that I am broadcasting and have it in a fixed spot but I still do not have the ability to resize it.

Now I did reinstall the "ShowLogo" addon for VDJ 7 and of course VDJ 8 said it was incompatible. But after some research I realized that the issue is that windows 8.1 does not have those old Direct X commands that this addon needs. I installed the manual version of DirectX of June 2010 and then reinstalled the "ShowLogo" addon and that allowed the addon to work on VDJ 8 and on windows 8.1

the inconvenience that I now have is that when VDJ starts if I hit on the showlogo addon it does not activate the last axis settings of the logos. It remembers them but it does not auto set the logo to the last location used.
I just have to go to the settings of the "ShowLogo" and just go down and click on top of each setting and I am back in business.

DjCel hope you can update the ShowLogo video effect addon for VDJ 8. I love it and use it all the time.

Thanks Guys.

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 7:50 pm
Panos275 wrote :
hmm Video Sample is a way of doing it but the problem in having it as a video sample is that I still do not have the ability to resize it.

Yes you do!!! ;-)

I had a video sample with moving graphics at the full screen size. I struggled in an external program that produced the sample to make it small and in the correct place before exporting it to then put in the sample editor and make the background invisible.

I found purely by accident, in the video sample editor, the small window showing the sample at the top right of the editor, with the mouse you can grab individual sides and drag (it's a red line) to where you want or you can grab a corner and move that to where you want. I have a few examples of the finished job (not a tutorial on how to do it) on YouTube. Both moving graphics at each top corner of the screen are separate samples done in the same way i.e. full screen size and resized in VDJ8. ;-)

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 6:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)