Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Cue-Points problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

the Tempo- and Cut-Points in about 5000 Songs were replaced by the automatic ones of V8 during conversion from V7, first load or BPM/Key detection.
And this is an action, every user MUST do in V8. So there is no chance to hide it.

Every Song must be checked again, if all the cue-points are on their right position and then experimenting, which is the right time for the "shift_all_cues"-action.
Is it possible to make a - let me say - "Set all Cue-Points to the nearest beat"-Action ?

I don't have the time to set them all to their right position again. Every song has approx. 5 Cue-Points plus 4 Automix-Points.

That is a point, why a change to V8 is a no go for me at the moment.

Please find a way to "let the hands off" the Cue- and Automix-Points or set them to the old position.

I am using the latest build (1897.723).

Best regards,
Rag

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 1:46 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There is no correct time to shift all cues the error isn't consistent. What I do is go to cue 1 set as the first down beat and shift all cues (which also shifts the downbeat) -1ms until perfect. (I have around 8000 to work through but I just do it as I play them)
I agree with the idea of shifting all cues to the nearest beat but a problem is the first beat is also known as a cue and even if they could work around that your CBG has to be spot on for shift all to the beat so get to work cos it's as fixed as it's going to get.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 4:28 am
A REALLY BIG THANK YOU to the Devs !!!
(Sorry for shouting, but I'm really happy :-)

With Build 1926 you fixed my Cue-Point-Problem !!!
Now I can use Version 8, too.

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 7:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)