Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 froze twice

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have been using 8 for weeks then last night it froze on me twice.

The first time nothing was playing. The second time I was in a middle of a set with a packed dance floor.

I used 7 for the rest of the night.

Does the dev team get any reports from a freeze? I need to know what caused the freezes.

I am currently on build 1845. I have stayed on that build because it seemed like it was working for me.

It was very disappointing to have that happen last night as my confidence for the software was increasing each time i used it until now!

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 10:22 am
updating to the latest release could help Build 1878
u seem to be pretty far behind on updates

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 10:30 am
I figured if "it ain't broke don't fix it" then i'll leave it alone.

I was testing it all week. All kinds of tests.

I guess i will update eventually.

I just want to know what caused it. I am wondering if the dev team receives reports when the program freezes.

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 10:36 am
I guess NOT!

I guess 8 will have to wait.

Disappointed!!

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 9:38 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Are you running Mac or PC? If you are running PC, you may be able to grab some additional debugging information from the Event Viewer.

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 1:21 pm
They are constantly improving... you should ALWAYS upgrade to the latest version. 1845 was one of the very first... so many improvements since then.

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 1:55 pm
We are now on Build 1897. Build 1845 is six (6) builds behind.

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 2:47 pm
in build 1878 vdj has froze on middle in auto mix mode in middle of song using win 8.1

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 2:58 pm
I did update to 1890. I'm not confident in using 8 now regardless.

Can anyone confirm using 8 on a mid 2009 Macbook Pro - 2.6, core2duo, 8gb memory.

I am currently on Mountain Lion. I am not sure if upgrading to Mavericks will require more resources to run VDJ.

I am literally on the fence with 8! Mavericks as well. Yosemite was a thought too.

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 3:46 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I have been running VDJ8 on Mavericks for a year plus, and on Yosemite for the last few months. It runs great. The only thing that I would suggest is either you disable AppNap for the entire computer (in System Preferences) or just for the executable themselves.

Mountain Lion had it's own set of issues. I would definitely suggest upgrading to Mavericks or Yosemite (if you have early access).

Due to the age of the laptop, you may want to wipe the laptop and re-install the OS from scratch. (I tend not to favor in-place upgrades.)

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 4:15 pm
dcomo,

How were you using 8 and Macericks for a year?

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 5:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)