Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Crashed out for the first time

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Last night during a gig VDJ crashed out. However, the audio didn't stop. The program stopped responding along with the controller (Denon DN-HC5000). Windows 7 was fine so it was only VDJ which had the issue. It was only about an hour in to the performance and I wasn't doing anything special. I think that deck 1 was playing, deck 2 was idle and I just clicked a track in the sidelist. I'm using the latest beta (1890).

Could this be anything to do with my web cam being defined in the audio setup but not in use? I posted many times in other threads about the camera handling being so poor that I've had to stop using it.

By the way, VDJ didn't give me any option to send a bug report, it just died.
General specs :-

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 3330 @ 3.00GHz 33 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H77N-WIFI (Intel Core i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz) 28 °C
Graphics
VA926 SERIES (1280x1024@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics (Gigabyte)
Storage
465GB Seagate ST500LM012 HN-M500MBB (SATA) 24 °C
232GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G (SSD) 25 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
USB Audio Device

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 6:16 am
1 hour in?

Possibly a Windows Scheduled task interupted it. These are usually schedules to run on the hour or the half hour and on a set day.

If missed (which quite offen will happen with a PC that only comes out at the weekend) they happen on the next boot and it tries again at regular intervals until the task is completed/run.

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 8:15 am
It was not a scheduled task which caused the problem. If I had any tasks scheduled, which I don't, it would not interrupt just the VDJ thread and not affect anything else. I expected not to be asked any other questions about this. I must say the support with VDJ is awful especially when users are taking the time to report problems.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 2:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)