Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Key is changing !!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Didn't see this go by yet.

DESCRIPTION: Tracks changed KEY

I was playing some Adele tonight "Falling in the Deep". I have 4 different mixes.

All were listed as "Am". I moved song to a deck and played it. V8 CHANGED the KEY to "Fm" on all 4 tracks.

Can't be having that.

Should I re-scan all my songs? The ones above were played for the first time in VDJ 8.

Anyone else notice this behavior???

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 5:31 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
V8 is indeed reanalysing a song if it's loaded for the first time.

I think it's recommended to reanalyse them all.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 5:39 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
V8 batch analysis gets it wrong sometimes too it's like it takes a stab at it and when it actually plays a track it decides it was wrong and changes it during playback

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 10:10 am
I'm having a problem related to this. I was playing a song during testing, in the middle of it the song randomly changed key. It happened a few times before didn't think of it much. Also my library has already been re-analyzed.

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 3:17 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If it changes mid song it won't change again, Technical need to chime in here as I'm only going from what I've seen.

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 3:25 am
JimmyL-DJ wrote :
All were listed as "Am". I moved song to a deck and played it. V8 CHANGED the KEY to "Fm" on all 4 tracks.

This does need to be addressed....

Some of us use alternative software to establish key. I use Mixed In Key.

My Mixed In Key is set to write to the InitialKey tag. Now in VDJ 7 when the key was already present, it was not overwritten.

VDJ 8 however doesn't give a stuff whether you've already written a key. It just obliterates your hard work!

If a tag is already written, VDJ 8 should not overwrite the users data!

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 6:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)