Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: "Sorry, you don't have the necessary accreditations to view this page." message for vdj8 script verbs webpage

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I bought VDJ7 professional some time ago, and can use vdj8 without licensing issues. But why do I get the above message when trying to read about the script verbs for Vdj8 in the community pages?

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 8:45 am
Because the page isn't finished yet.

For now, it's been "levelled" so that only Atomix employees can see it. Once it's finished, it'll be relevelled for all to see.

IMO it would've been better not to even have the link visible......but there you go.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 8:54 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Or perhaps written it before V8 was released? It's been 2 months now.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 9:59 am
Yeah, it is puzzling isn't it?

8 as software has been around at least since Adion got signed up (2011) and he'd been working for Atomix before they officially announced he was.

Surely there was some written documentation internally, as even the very earliest alpha versions would have needed skins.

Even if we discount/exclude that aspect, just since the release there have been v8 skins released. How did they get written? The authors must have referred to something.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 12:57 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Meanwhile, just open your language.xml with a text editor...

All the actions, settings, error messages are in there.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 5:09 am
PachN wrote :
All the actions, settings, error messages are in there.

That may be so, but it doesn't help someone who is looking for VDJScript information.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 5:18 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Of course it does...
As I said, all actions (= VDJ Script Actions) are listed + a description and examples.

It's the same text that you get when you open the macro editor in VDJ.

That is off the german.xml

<save_config>Speichert die aktuelle Konfiguration ab. (Üblicher Weise werden Änderungen automatisch beim Beenden der Software mit gespeichert)</save_config>
<auto_cue>Setzt den auto_cue Modus: "off", "on", "always".</auto_cue>
<setting>Liest oder ändert eine angegebene Konfigurations Option (siehe im Konfigurationsfenster unter OPTIONEN für eine Liste aller möglichen Einstellungen). Beispiel: setting "jogSensitivityScratch" 80%</setting>
<fader_start>Aktiviert/deaktiviert Faderstart.</fader_start>
<get_controller_name>Liefert den/die Namen des/der Controller die diesem Deck zugeordnet sind.</get_controller_name>

See, action name + description

EDIT:

If someone is able to read/ understand german, I've listed all these actions in my blogs:

http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/PachN/blogs/5098/VirtualDJ_Script_Actions_v8__Part_I_(German).html
http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/PachN/blogs/5099/VirtualDJ_Script_Actions_v8_Part_II_(German).html

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 5:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)