Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: M3U files not showing it's content on itunes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Itunes shows the playlist with no content in the playlist using a mac and virtual dj 8

any help would be great

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 5:58 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
James Ross helped to figured out a temporary work-around until the FIX is in. There was a lot of trial and error and back and forths but he was able to work some magic.

I haven't tried this on my mac yet but it did work on the pc. I can't imagine having to do this every time I need to import a playlist into itunes. BTW: Even before Jame's workaround and as I was narrowing in on the problem, I was able to export a playlist out of itunes and read it in VDJ. I was also able to read the m3u file that itunes could read, in media monkey. So the issue seems to be with the way the VDJ m3u file is referenced.

And this would have to be done with every COPY TO VDJ m3u that is intended for use in ITunes or even in Serato. Serato also won't read the VDJ 8 m3u in order to convert to Crates as it did easily in 7.4.

James Ross wrote:

You need to open the M3U in a basic text editor, e.g. Notepad

Might look like gibberish but there is a system to it.

Where it says: \Users\LeePMT\ It needs to say C:\Users\LeePMT\

Adding two characters at the start of each line: C:

Can either type it, or copy/paste

OR the clever method is a text editor that let's you do a "replace all"

Lee wrote: Okay, so on a Mac, I would do the comparable thing where instead of C: I think Macs refer to Volume, correct?

James wrote

Unfortunately I don't have experience of Macs

Something to explore is whether VDJ lets you choose any options to do with generating the M3U file.

This site feels like a good description about the contents of M3U files: http://schworak.com/blog/e39/m3u-play-list-specification/

I'm ousting this here in an effort to help expedite a permanent fix.

Thank you as always. You do great work.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 11:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)