Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Drag and drop from outside music source not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've just recently switched to using a Mac (mavericks os), and am having issues where dragging songs into the decks does not load the song into VDJ. There is no error message supplied. Have tried dragging from iTunes and from Mixed In Key, and neither of them work. I have it configured to use Pioneer DDJ-SR controller with. never had this issue when using VDJ for PC.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 7:03 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Drag and drop from a location external to VDJ's browser doesn't work in V8, It's known, is it considered an issue by Atomix? Who knows.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 8:03 am
I think it only applies to the Mac version of 8.

Personally I don't see an issue. VDJ has its own database and file browser.

Ideally you should add tracks to the database, but if not, you can always browse to the location from inside VDJ.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 10:31 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No, with windows it doesn't work either.

I see an issue as it may be really handy to drag a track from explorer.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 11:46 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I use the browser within the app as well, so this isn't an issue for me. However, it appears that there's a large population that drags tracks in from other sources, and since it didn't work previously, it should continue to work in V8.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 1:46 pm
its working for me..

where are you dragging from? your desktop? / folders? / other software? (that wont work)

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 7:06 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
its working for me..

Ditto. Works fine on Windows 7 32 bit - from a folder.

Dragging from other software I would imagine is down to how that other software works, not VDJ.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 5:08 am
yeah the only reason i posted was because even with vdj pro 7 it was not working on mac, whereas it did on PC. i was told about the issue being known with pro 8 but i was experiencing it with both.

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 1:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)