Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Top known issues list on each platform?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I just ran into an issue where I reported something and spent a bunch of time writing, editing, and verifying the steps of a problem that I never read on the forum before.

I reported it up and had DJDad note that there is indeed an issue with that (pitch control on the Mac), and that it was previously reported.

If I had known, I would not have spent the time reporting it.

Just like we have the release notes, can we also have a sticky post which shows the top issues (top 10, top 20, etc. by platform) that are being reported? (Doesn't have to indicate a time-to-fix.) It will save the time for us users reporting (and over-reporting) the same issue, and will cut down the time on your end (Atomix) with your staff answering posts and locking topics.

On top of that when an issue is corrected, it can come off the list.

Sounds like a win-win to me.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 1:51 pm
Agreed.

I read forum messages that are repeated every day almost. Most people find the search no good or they don't care to make a search or find it difficult as each country has different terms for the same problem.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 2:12 pm
vjmundyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I would like to have more communication with developer team, or share info about which bugs are been actually working on.
Included, Priority bugs, this way we will not create new post o repeat post from about a knowledge list.
Make us part of this project.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 2:17 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Known bugs & FAQ should be sticky number 2 on this board.

I've reported stuff and because the changelog can't cover everything I'm left wondering, Have they fixed this?, so I test but then if it doesn't appear fixed I wonder have they fixed it badly? or not at all?

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 2:36 pm
I'd love some feedback from Atomix in regards to this. As noted previously, I think this is something that everyone will benefit from.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 9:36 am
I also suggested they have a locked sticky about the status of bugs where only the VDJ guys could post to it.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 4:15 pm
Don Moir wrote :
I also suggested they have a locked sticky about the status of bugs where only the VDJ guys could post to it.

I second this, great idea... we definitely need a bug list and status report at least, some transparency would be nice

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 7:36 pm
I'm not one for bumping my own posts, however there are post after post after post on the following topics:

- Automix sound popping
- Dragging files from external locations
- Pitch control problems on the Mac
- Camera Plug-In issues
- CPU usage issues...

Can we please get a top issues sticky post so we can stop wasting everyone's time?

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 1:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)