Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: I fought the BUG... and the BUG won.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Because VDJ 8 did not copy over Virtual Folders and Filter Folders in the identical order as VDJ 7, I just spent hours organizing them.

I have a section for MP3 Virtual Folders, and a section for Video Filter folders, and a few mixed sections. VDJ 8 keeps re-arranging the folders after I re-boot.

BUG report time.

If the Virtual Folder and the Filter Folder have identical names, VDJ 8 will put the Virtual Folder into the Filter Folder group and visa versa.

So where I had all my RED Virtual Folders indexed properly, and all my BLUE Filter Folders indexed properly, after I reboot now I have RED Virtual Folders in BLUE Folder groups, and BLUE ones in RED groups.
Identical named ones transpose. Very annoying.

Please fix as I depend on proper group order.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 11:45 pm
How did you get your virtual folders to transfer from 7 over to 8 ?

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 7:22 am
The virtual folders and filter folders transfered over by themselves. Although they were not in the same order.

I spent hours re-organizing them because the user interface is still clunky. It would be nice to highlight and move several folders at a time.

One improvement is that after dragging the folder to it's new location the list stayed in place and did not reset cursor to the top as in V7. Much better.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 3:18 pm
I fought the BUG and... I WON !!! I found a workaround to the problem.

The issue is VDJ8 not indexing Virtual Folders and Filter Folders properly if names are identical. They get transposed and appear in the wrong group.

The FIX is to "dot" the folder name to make each unique. In my case I "dotted" the Filter Folders. Example: Virtual Folder name "Club" And Filter Folder's name is now "Club." <--- DOT at end.

So far so good. Folders are now in proper order. Phew what job that was. Hoping for more improvements in this area.

Another PEEVE: When dragging a folder to it's proper location, it looses focus and drops. I have to scroll back down and grab it again.

The work around is to drag the folder as far as possible up or down, then drag again as far as possible up or down. Over and over till the folder gets to where I want it. Very annoying.

The interface is improved, but can use more work. Thanks for getting this a little closer to perfect.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 10:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)