Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First Gig with VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dmerrellPRO SubscriberMember since 2011
Not sure how to title the issues so I will just describe what I experienced during my first two gigs with VDJ8.

Gig update with VDJ8: I finally pulled the trigger to do two gigs with VDJ8 this Friday and Saturday.

The Gig was a mix of Karaoke, Video and song mixing.

Friday: everything worked great except one issue. When moving order of music in Autoplay (use it to take breaks) it would "skip" while playing a song. It seemed like if I would hold the right mouse button down while dragging it happened more than just moving a song around quickly.

Saturday: Had the same issue as Friday but not as much. Also VDJ8 reset itself in the middle of a Karaoke performance. Good news everything picked up right where it left off, song and words. However, right before it happened i saw "Downloading" in the status section.

Each day was 4+ hours, I am using Windows version on Win7 on a i7 with 8gig of ram, a 7200 rpm external HD, and the latest update of VDJ8. CPU monitor did't get past 15% all night. I will post this in the forums but wanted to share here. Overall performance was good, would give it a great rating if I didn't have the issues mentioned above. I also had wireless active and connected, I do this to download requests, that I may not have, from the services I subscribe to.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 3:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)