Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: Build 1890 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

-fix crash when closing vdj with new device window still open
-Read audio cd's
-Fix set_firstbeat
-Improved midi device detection on mac
-Fix lockup when adding lots of files to automix
-Fix audio drop-out when moving files around in a big automix list while automix enabled
-Fix play_sync choosing closest beat
-German language update
-Greek language updated
-get_beat fixed when samplerate was different from 44100Hz
-Loadsecurity 'silent' added
-Ignore dash in search when copy/pasted
-Fix some keys not showing when key detection is set to electronic instead of broad range
-Option to stop showing the login window on launch if you don't want to log in
-Can record wav files
-Fix problem with non-normalized utf characters in path names on mac that prevented cdg files from being read for these files
-Fix bug where .cdg file could be erased when non-normalized utf character were in the path name on mac
-Fix flashes on secondary screen when using videoForceFullscreen and focus to vdj is lost

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 3:07 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello there

b1890
loading titles from a CD I had 2 craschs, I think you have received the information automatically crashes

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 3:43 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Win 1890.722
Load security 'silent' fix doesn't appear to work with tracks with up fader at 0%
Unless I'm not getting the nature of the 'fix'

Was Switch VDJ Off security also included with this fix?

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 3:56 pm
Win .772

'Unable to start recording'* of .wav (* Actual words of V8)

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 4:09 pm
locodog wrote :
Load security 'silent' fix doesn't appear to work with tracks with up fader at 0%

The idea is to prevent tracks you're playing live being replaced. If your channel fader is down, the audience is not going to notice a track being replaced.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 4:41 pm
I see, if the track has a silent section, V8 still recognises it as playing, My mistake!

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 4:53 pm
Go ahead, move the goalposts!

I think it's safe to say that most DJs wouldn't pull their channel fader down to zero whilst the track was still playing out live - silent section or not.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 5:13 pm
Now eb version, length of automix, does not work in 1s ...

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 5:26 pm
still unable to drag muscia, from outside to inside vdj ...

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 5:30 pm
disordered folders appeared again, with regard to the order they are on the disc ...

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 5:35 pm
is set first beat the same as setting the downbeat does that mean that tapping beat tap once set downbeat with out stopping the track

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 6:41 pm
exactly right.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 6:58 pm
This update killed my midi settings. Now it shows 2 ION DJ Discovers in my settings and my M-Audio Keyboard Custom Midi settings is gone..

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 7:17 pm

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 7:17 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Nico,

They never claimed that external dragging of files was fixed. That is still an open issue.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 8:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
DJEmergency, are you using any kind of custom definition for the ION Discover DJ (files in /Devices folder) ? Have you added vid/pid to that ?
If you plug just the ION Discover DJ, do you see just that one ? If you plug one unit at a time, does it get detected properly or still as above ?

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 2:35 am
cjonasPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem with the seamless loops, they simply don't snap to the nearest beat in the Mac version. The problem started with previous versions (non beta) but still remains in 1890. Has anyone the same problem? All config values are ok. In previous versions (7.x) sometimes I had to clean the plist and start from a fresh install, do I have to do the same with 8.xx versions?

Regards,

Cristian

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 8:18 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Smart loop was never snapping to the nearest beat. It was snapping to the nearest loop value, if you use LoopIn/LoopOut

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 8:20 am
I am now sick of every other update, when i am mixing with sync, that works fine; when i am ready to adjust pitch, it jumps to the actual amount position immediately. eg ( if i am synced at 72bpm and i decide to move the pitch controll, if the position is higher than the amount it will jump to 80) it wasnt like that.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 11:16 am
Still no fix for the ns7mkii when loading track in one deck the playing deck stop for 1 sec and speeds up and when holding platter it sutters back and forth.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 11:23 am
45%