Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Camera improved but still issues - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

A recent update has added a "resolution" button to the camera options which is great and has partly fixed my only gripe with VDJ. However, non of the MPEG options work for more than a few seconds. It just freezes. While all the YUY2 resolutions work fine seemingly for hours on end, the framerate is just so poor that I can't unleash that on a crowd and still look professional.

Are you guys aware of this and working on it? I'm using the latest beta build.

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 8:51 am
In addition to the above I've spotted another bug.

Whichever resolution is chosen on the camera it is not saved as you have to set it again when reopening VDJ. Can this also be fixed please?

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 9:00 am
still not working at all for me with a capture card

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 2:32 pm
Not sure why I'm updating this thread since no one seems to acknowledge any issues with VDJ but here goes.

Installed the latest version today. Still the same issue as explained above - MPEG freezes after a bit of flickering (as if it is trying to draw a blank feed). The other format (VUJ?) works but framerate is a joke. Also the chosen resolution is not saved - not that it matters at the moment because it doesn't work anyway.

In hope of a fix soon but I won't hold my breath.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 1:16 pm
Blah blah blah, talking to myself :)

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 6:18 am
Feeling completely ignored about the issue :(

Would someone from Atomix please chime in and atleast acknowledge the problem and that it is being addressed. We have had several updates and still no fix for a feature that is native.

Rusty

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 5:11 pm
Partyman wrote :
still not working at all for me with a capture card

what capture card is it bro? what camara are you using? does it work on its own?

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 8:02 pm
Any USB capture card will not work, I have 3 different and none will work.

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 9:41 pm
I use a pinacle dazzle and Go pro camara,but thats right,as a plugin I use the peteLivefeed freeframe plugin..research on the freeframes.good until the dev team make a external cam plug...

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 10:01 pm
I tried the "Petes Plugin" but it is not compatible with windows 8. Unless someone knows of a directx patch that will make it work. Are you saying that the Dazzle capture works currently with VDJ8?

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 10:42 pm
the dazzle/ yeah...just had to download the 64bit drivers.but I had to do that for everything lol,..because this was my first windows7 64bit.I dont use windows8.heard to much negatives

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 12:47 am
I've given up with VDJ support. Why should I take the time to report issues if nothing is acknowledged? Even accepting there is an issue seems to be a tough task for VDJ support. I'm not very happy that I've wasted my money.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 2:35 pm
thetracker510 wrote :
I use a pinacle dazzle and Go pro camara,but thats right,as a plugin I use the peteLivefeed freeframe plugin..research on the freeframes.good until the dev team make a external cam plug...

Are you saying that the "Dazzle" works natively at this time with VDJ8 or works using the "Petes Plugin"?

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 5:23 pm
the petelivefeed..yes...not sure if with the vdj camara plugin.I got it to default to it one time but since I need to camaras then I have to run the pete plugin then the internal webcam will default to the vdj cam.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 5:31 pm
Why will someone with ATOMIX not chime in and give us some kind of answer or hope?

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 11:56 am
The developers are aware of this issue. There are many issues that they are working on, and they can't stop to answer every question, about every issue. Everyone thinks their issue should be at the top of the list. It's like people asking for request, I can only play one song at a time. My camera does not work either. I have to wait just like the rest of you. In the meantime, when I have to use my camera, I use ver 7, just as I have used it for many years. As long as I have been using VDJ, they have fixed every issue. I don't see this being any different. It may not have been as fast as I wanted, but I have learned that the world does not revolve around me.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 1:08 pm
Sorry, I disagree with you!
That is a NATIVE feature that should work, it is not a plugin or after effect. If the feature does not work why have it show up? Why do we have to move backwards to move forward? I was always unsatisfied with VDJ7s sound quality but needed the feature set. Now they fix the sound quality and remove the feature set.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 1:49 pm
That attitude from Atomix is just everything that can be wrong with the support team. I never claimed that my issue was more important than anyone else. I simply wanted someone official to post "thanks very much for bringing this to our attention, we are working on it and will ask you for any more information that may help us if we need it". It's been exhausting to get any kind of response and when I finally get one, it's always "it's not my fault". Not good enough.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 2:05 pm

SBDJMember since 2006
The development team are aware of the issues you are having with the camera functionality, however I have no timescales for a fix at this time.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 7:50 pm
Thanks Scott

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 2:38 am
87%