Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Where's the option to stop scanning the music files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

stonbriPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Can someone tell me how I can stop scanning a single song or when I scan them all of them. VDJ had a simple stop button displayed while it was scanning. Where is it in VDJ 8

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 8:25 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There isn't one.

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 12:50 pm
What the hell. so the only way to shut it down is shutting down VDJ

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 1:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yup.

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 2:46 pm
That's stupid, I can start and not stop it

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 4:01 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
just another nail in the coffin, v8 screws up the most basic functionality that v7 and before had, it gets the new stuff right, but why change this?

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 5:13 pm
Nail in who's coffin?

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 6:28 pm
Gotta agree somethings just arent making sense the decision that are being made dont seem to make the software seem any thing close to the hype. with all the bells and whistle the basic core functions werent even thought about. All you hear is "we chose not to" we chose not to make the info panel editable..no brainer. We chose not to embedd the cbg editor into song position...another no brainer. Post_fader delays and echoes...no brainer. A bunch of editors i dont use cause i dont feel like open windows to do it. Like track cleaner why make where you cant hear your edits until u make another file, do you know how long that takes for some songs. Dont get me wrong the ideas are great but the execution not so well thought out. Its like you guys do no research, no polling, no think-tanking with your users that love your software. I dont want 2 softwares one for business and one for pleasure. Retire those version 7 effects and skins if they're not 100% compatitable V8. improve native effects make delays and echoes post fader wont need the echoes and loopout type plug ins, vst effects sometimes work better post fader. Go back and improve your native timecode make it 2khz if needed so for us timecode user will be satisfied and might attract other timecode users. Mixvibes, traktor, serato timecodes are so tight because they build around their own timecode. Rather have those red VDJ timecode on my 1200s anyway, rocking virtual dj with serato timecode is like wearing an Addidas running suit with nike sneakers .

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 10:29 pm
Nail in the coffin compared to Version 7, YES. Some basic features are just not there in version 8.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 6:09 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
+1 for a 'stop' ability while scanning.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 11:28 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
djtouchdan wrote :
Nail in who's coffin?

A little provoking and inappropriate, don't you think?

I will say one thing though...

I have been overly critical of VDJ and Atomix since the release of V8, however over the last few weeks and months, I have seen the following:

- V8 is actually becoming much more mature and stable. (I would have preferred that they release these betas to us and hold the public release until it was more stable. I''d like to think if they can go back and do it again, they would have. The initial release of V8 was quite rough and they spent a ton of time doing damage control.)

- The attitudes of the Atomix staff has changed. Many of them went from 'Deal with it', to 'Can you help us make it better.' - Many of them went from very bullish to understanding.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 12:03 pm
+1 huh

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 5:45 pm
If my failing memory serves me correctly, I posted this issue as an NFS ( New feature Suggestion) some time back. When there is a background thread running, for whatever reason, its good to be able to kill it if "PLAN B" suddenly seems better. Just a thought IMHO.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 1:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)