Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Karaoke not working VDJ8 [SOLVED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

stonbriPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hello, I've been using my karaoke songs with VDJ 7 and had no problems ( the formats are mp3 and cdj ) playing them but when I've tried using the same exact files in VDJ 8 I get an error when I try to load any of the decks or any karaoke songs. All songs are unzipped just an fyi

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 7:46 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Make sure they are in the right filepath by looking at the file info tab or in browser activate filepath field to check, also you could Highlight your karaoke folder, then right click and "Add to db" .

Good Luck...

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 3:54 pm
well they're in the own folder, same place they have always been and look and did what you said and no difference. I don't get it

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 4:07 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Okay, download this codec pack and install, it should help you resolve this in v8.. http://mpc-hc.org/

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 1:52 pm
VDJ 8 doesn't use external codecs...

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 2:06 pm
Yes codec download won't help.

If searching can you instead navigate to the folder where you know the tracks to be stored and try loading from there.
If this works then you need to fix the missing DB files.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 2:42 pm
Fixed the issue. My files some how had a security permissions altered which prevented VDJ being able to play any karaoke song. Basically I didn't have proper permissions on the files

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 5:40 pm
stonbri wrote :
Fixed the issue. My files some how had a security permissions altered which prevented VDJ being able to play any karaoke song. Basically I didn't have proper permissions on the files

How did you change it?

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 10:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)