Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sound Card Issues, Native Instruments DJ2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, I am having huge issues with V8 and my sound, the music keeps crackling when playing a song (especially when playing videos) and sometimes it makes a strange beep sound for a second or so and the music continues.

I am stuck on what to do, I have tried every setting on the NI AISO settings still no different, tried all the drivers both old and new, still the same and I have even bought a new laptop as I was having video issues before and was told my laptop was not powerful enough.

Its got the point now where I have replaced everything apart from the sound card now, I have had to go back to v7 as I cant resolve this.

I am even happy to replace the sound card if its just no good with v8 but have no idea on what to replace it with.

My computer set up is:

ASUS i7, 6Gb Ram, 2Gb Dedicated Nvidia Card, 120Gb SSD Drive
3tb USB3 Seagate External Drive
Pioneer DDJ-SB Controller (only used for midi, the sound card has been disabled just in case this was causing conflicts)
Native Instruments DJ2 Sound Card

Any suggestions would be great as I am stuck on what to do, the sound issues seem to be getting worse with every update of v8. After 9 years of being a pro user I have never had issues like this and really want to get this sorted as v8 is great apart from this.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 6:56 am
I am having the same issue ,not your laptop ,problem with VJ 8 Maybe somebody can assist us,till then will continue with VJ 7

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 9:28 am
It would help if you guys posted details of the sound config you're using in 8 - not which audio interface, but the various audio options under 'audio' and 'performances' in config.

For example, page 114 of the VDJ 8 User Guide explains the ultraLatency setting.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 10:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)