Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: how to deactivate pitch reset straight to zero by double tapping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How can i deactivate this feature that v7 didnt had when i presed the pitch reset button it starts reseting the pitch back to zero slowly and second tap stops it now in v8 if i press it twice it resets the pitch straight to 0 and its not that pleasent when you have both decks in pitch lock. can some one help me please, i already tried changing the configurations on the pitch reset in the mapper.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 7:47 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
erm, it works ok, so not a bug, one tap slow reset, 2nd tap stops the slow reset, double tap instant reset just like V7 did. anything less than 0.5 seconds between taps is considered a double tap.

2 deck xml line 1626

<button action="pitch_reset" dblclick="pitch 100%" rightclick="pitch 100%">

delete ' dblclick="pitch 100%" '

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 7:54 pm
thanks now im trying to edit the xml file with those comands but its not working like it use to, now when i open the xml file it doesnt have any codes, its this normal or am i doing something wrong?

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 9:38 pm
What are you using to edit the xml?

I'm using notepad ++ and it's fine, M$ notepad is fine too.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 8:16 am
I have this same issue, and it does seem to me to operate different than Virtual DJ 7. But that's neither here nor there. I'm basically now trying to find the XML document to edit, but can't seem to find any similar line. I'm using a Denon DN-MC6000 if that makes a difference. Any help would be immensely appreciatd! Thanks!

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 8:00 pm
Skins>opem the zip file of the skin you use and the xml is there.

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 7:33 am
I've found the XML file, so thank you. But I've tried deleting that command and re-saving with no luck. I mean, it does delete and saves, but the behavior doesn't change. It still resets with a double click. Even if I could change the speed of what qualifies as a "double click", that would be greatly beneficial. Any ideas?

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 8:45 pm
No further advice on this at this point? It can get annoying to have that pitch jump when you accidentally hit the button twice. Sorry for the "bump", but I'm still looking for a working solution.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 10:36 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Personnaly, I never edit the xml file from inside the archive.

Better extract it somewhere, and after editing/saving your work, re-drag the file into the original archive.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 10:44 am
What skin are you using?

Some skins have more than one XML file. Maybe you edited the wrong one?

On a two deck skin, that line will be in two locations - one for each deck. On skins with more decks, the line will appear more often.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 11:50 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
dj aladin wrote :
I've found the XML file, so thank you. But I've tried deleting that command and re-saving with no luck. I mean, it does delete and saves, but the behavior doesn't change. It still resets with a double click. Even if I could change the speed of what qualifies as a "double click", that would be greatly beneficial. Any ideas?

I can confirm that even when correctly setting the actions there stills a (in fact) triple click event that seems to be hardcoded in the "pitch_reset" action and that can't be avoided.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 4:51 pm
That's surprising.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 4:57 pm
what do i do to download skin but it says that you are current licenses do not allow you to download skin..what do i do??

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 6:24 am
buy a licence.

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 6:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)