Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Denon x1600 - Blue Screen of Death

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

May have uncovered something a little larger here while trying to fix the LEDs on my SC2000's.

Audio is choppy through the x1600, will play for a few second, then freeze, the wave display jiggles a little, then playback starts up again, repeats after a few more seconds. After a few of these there is a windows blue screen with a "bad pool error" (I believe that's what it says anyway - flashes by kind of quickly) and then the system reboots. Tried running without the controllers and just the x1600 - same problem.

Took the computer back and hooked it up to the VCI-400 and it seems to be working okay so it would seem to be related to the x1600.

My details - win 8.1 pc connected to usb 2 / 16g ram / 4th gen i7 - dedicated system so no other software loaded on.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 4:39 pm
UPDATE:

Just went back to v7 and now it is also creating problems on the x1600. Skipping like crazy. I thought installing 8 was supposed to be independent of previous installs? What has changed here?

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 5:35 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You can prevent the system from rebooting if there is a bluescreen.
I don't know the exact english descriptions, but it is in the advanced system settings

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 3:48 am
Yes - from Control Panel / System / Advanced system settings / System Properties (Advanced tab) / Startup & Recovery settings / System failure / Automatically restart (remove the tick)

Well hidden but it's possible.

N.B. The above is from Win 7 so may be slightly different in 8.1

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 5:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)