Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 Bugs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm new to VDJ. Took it out live for the first time this weekend. I've noticed a few issues while getting use to it.

The filter folder has some bugs and inaccuracies in the documentation. I've noticed the PDF manual compared to the wiki are different. For example isscanned vs in searchdb. I assume these are suppose to be the same?

Also being new I can't use a filter to show new in the last 7 days or new this month since the first seen would be current. The hoped answer was filedate but nothing shows using the filedate option.

I've also noticed the math in first seen is wrong. I setup VDJ on 7/1/2014 but with today being 7/7/2014 i need to use IsScanned = "1" and Days since First Seen <=4 for the desired result of new this week. There seems to be a 2 or 3 day differance were <=7 for the intended new this week to work show files all new files. Even using 5 or 6 shows files from the 1st.

I've also noticed it show music in the match results even though i've used the remove from search db option. Heck i'm seeing music I don't even remember adding to the DB. Perhaps theres a better way to manage the folders that are being used?

Other then that i'm liking it. Couple of questions on its use.

1. Can the clock be made bigger? In its current state I can't read it.
2. Whats the best way to add new music? Is there a watch folder feature?
3. There is a BIG jump between FREE and $299. My current software I paid $180 for. Is there some middle ground for us with smaller needs? For example i'd love to be able to use music video on second screen and customize with my logo. I do not use a controller. I'd love to be able to use some of the skins or plugins.
4. For karaoke use is there some sort of singer history or rotation feature?

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 3:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)