Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: MP3 Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

On just my MP3's, the browser reads the song artist, time, BPM fine, but not the title on nearly 75% of the library. Any ideas?

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 7:18 am
do the files contain tags? i know that a dumb question but its possible they do not.
if they do u might try to reload tags. to do that select a few files right click on them go to batch then reload tags.
good luck :-)

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 9:08 am
vjmundyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
If The track does not has a tag, Vdj will catch Artist - title (Remix).mp3. Do you use - to separate this info in filename ?

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 11:49 am
I'm not real savvy, so I don't know where this would be (Artist - title (Remix).mp3. Do you use - to separate this info in filename ?) But it's odd because if I open the tag editor on one of these songs, the tag editor displays the artist and the title. Don't know why the tag editor knows the title but it doesn't display. Also these files all tag fine in Windows Media Player. Plus if I load one of these songs, the title will flash then disappear. If I recurse an entire folder, such as classic rock, the titles will flash then disappear. Perplexing.:-)

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 2:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)